2016 Stratos 201xl Evolution setup

I'm new here and am getting ready to pick up my first bass boat. Got a pretty decent deal on it and it looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with newer stratos boats. This one is a 201xl Evolution with a 250 Pro XS on it. Think it has a 25p fury prop on it and a manual jack plate that I want to say is a 6". Any help or guidance to the right post would be appreciated. Picking it up Saturday so hopefully will have a starting point to go from that evening as far as ride and numbers.2016_Stratos_201XLEvolution_Mercury250ProXS-3.jpg
    2016 Stratos 201xl Evolution 250 Pro XS

2. Banned
    Go run it as is hopefully someone has already done all the setup work for you. Keep notes of water pressure, wot rpms, rpms during hole shot, and top end speed. One of the guru's can tell you how to fine tune it if needed.

3. Member
    Awesome, thanks for the info. And yeah got my fingers crossed that it's already dialed in. If I had to guess I'd say nothing has been touched from the factory but you never know until it hits the water.

4. Member
    Well just tested the boat out love the ride. Deff needs some tweaking though. Water pressure stayed about 24 or 25psi, wot rpm was about 5700, top speed was only 70 with just me and a little over a half tank of gas. Started chine walking aroun 68 pretty bad too, but I am pretty new to running faster boats so controlling that will come with seat time. Also the prop isn't biting good or something coming out of the hole. Bites then as soon as the bow sets down it revs hard to about 4500rpm instantly, I've just been backing off the throttle when it happens in the meantime. Still got to get a prop to pad measurement mainly looking for a good level spot to get it at.
    Last edited by BassPharmer5; 03-17-2019 at 09:31 PM.

5. Member
    Beautiful boat by the way. Probably need to check your prop to pad measurement. It might need to come up to help with the chine walk.

6. Member
    Thanks man! And that's kinda what I was thinking. Just gotta get a full weekend to get down on the water and tinker with it some. Gonna have a local mechanic look it over too just for giggles to make sure everything is solid on it. Feel like it'll be a runner once it gets dialed in.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Nice boat, congrats. The 201XL Evolution would be the boat I would get if I was in the market for a newer one. Wish stratos would be brought back.