Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ned rig article: sharing one of my cold water go-tos

Thought a few of you guys might enjoy this article I wrote for Z-Man. It's been one of my go-to winter colors for a long time. It used to be called clear silver flake in the ZinkerZ. I was hoarding my last bag when Z-Man reintroduced this color in the Finesse TRD. Hope this helps a few of you this spring.

https://zmanfishing.com/cms/chatter/...ld-water-bass/

2. Member
    Good read!
    Red Sox in 6!

Thanks Phil. Probably won't be a color for the northern guys with primarily perch and bluegill forage. In the Midwest here, its all about the shad.

4. Member
    Without a doubt,Casey. Strangely a Pink TRD is by far my best producing color and our water is gin or better. In fact if they put out more funky colors I’d be happy. I had some good success with the Robo Ned worms in greens and pumpkins.
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Without a doubt,Casey. Strangely a Pink TRD is by far my best producing color and our water is gin or better. In fact if they put out more funky colors I’d be happy. I had some good success with the Robo Ned worms in greens and pumpkins.
    Phil!! Ssshhhh!

6. Member
    Pink is for Girls not bad ass fishermen.
    Red Sox in 6!

I've played with bubble gum a little bit. Had some success with it. You should look over Z-Man's saltwater baits and colors. There are some real FUNKY colors for those you might like. Maybe trim a little off to preferred length. We do that all the time.
    For example: https://zmanfishing.com/store/catego...ck_jerkshrimpz Jerk ShrimpZ in Laguna Pink
    StreakZ 3.75"
    ElaZtech Trout Trick

A couple colors Roboworm fans might like: Meat Dog and Twilight

8. Member
    Morning Dawn
    Red Sox in 6!

9. Member
    Where's Quillback when you need him..

Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Where's Quillback when you need him..
    HAHA, nothing I can add, great article, and it's something I need to try. Would not surprise me at all if that would work in warm water situations when the bass are chasing shad schools.

11. Banned
    Pink is for Girls not bad ass fishermen.

for girl "bass", like BIG females!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    HAHA, nothing I can add, great article, and it's something I need to try. Would not surprise me at all if that would work in warm water situations when the bass are chasing shad schools.
    Thanks Quill. Yes, it does work quite well on warm water schoolers as well. I was so happy when Z-Man brought that color back.

Might just give this a try next weekend with RJ!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-C View Post
    Might just give this a try next weekend with RJ!
    I hope you wear him out. I bet he'll be throwing a jerkbait. Be a good one to throw behind him.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    They wouldn't bite one Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    They wouldn't bite one Saturday
    Working for me ��
    IMG_20190317_161239496_HDR.jpg

17. Member
    I’m pigging backing on this thread. I have some zman baits that are flattened or become check mark shaped. I emailed zman a week ago looking for help or ideas and never heard from them so I am reaching out to you fine folks. Am I the only one this has happened too and anyone have any idea how to straighten them.
    Red Sox in 6!

Nice writeup! We seem to agree on most things, and this is certainly no different! Around here that color doesn't get much use from me just because we don't have shad on the lakes, but there have been a couple times on the river that the Ned in a white color has caught me fish that are busting but won't hit anything else. Dropping them in little current seams has worked well extremely well for me as well. Deadly!

I’m pigging backing on this thread. I have some zman baits that are flattened or become check mark shaped. I emailed zman a week ago looking for help or ideas and never heard from them so I am reaching out to you fine folks. Am I the only one this has happened too and anyone have any idea how to straighten them.
    I had some get kinked that got put away hastily. I've heard that putting them in hot water will straighten them out, but before doing that I just straightened them out in the pack and laid it on my deck in the hot sun. Works for a garden hose, so I figured why not? Turns out it worked there too. That could be a good thing to try once it gets warm outside. Would probably want to keep an eye on them just to be sure that they don't overheat...I'm not sure what temps will cause them to melt, but would really suck to end up melting them.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

19. Member
    I tried the hot water and when I stretched one out it broke in half. I don’t care if they melt,they are already too kinked to use.
    Red Sox in 6!

Now that you mention it
    I have some finesse shads that have bent tails.
    I may not buy anymore of these.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast