rt 188 and bait bars

I used some of my Rangerwear gift certificate and bought a couple of bait bars (lure holders) from Rangerwear. Instead of installing them under the lids of the front side hatches, I want to install them under the lid of the center rod box. They are will not fit horizontally due to the bracing, my question is: if i add them on each side of the brace, will that cause any issues? instead of the spinner baits pivoting when closing and opening freely, they will pivot against one another.. does that make any sense?? I have never installed or used these, but they seem very handy. thank you

2. Member
    I installed them on ether side of the brace. The only issue I have had is if I leave lures hanging from the bait bars when the boat is stored with the hatch lid closed the humidity will rust the hooks.

3. Member
    Ah..good point. thank you... mine sweats in there as well.
    2019 Ranger Rt188 red
    2019 Mercury 115 ProXS 4s CT

4. Member
    I ran 2 bars vertically up that middle support brace. I use 2 small containers of damp rid in that center locker and dont have any rust issues. I do leave it open when in the summer when its 90 at night but i do that with every hatch.

I ran bait bars up each side of the bracing in my RT188. My only issue is my spinnerbaits keep falling off the bait bar and they do bump the rods in the top tubes... I am constantly picking up spinnerbaits from my rod locker.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

6. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    I ran bait bars up each side of the bracing in my RT188. My only issue is my spinnerbaits keep falling off the bait bar and they do bump the rods in the top tubes... I am constantly picking up spinnerbaits from my rod locker.
    Hey Matt - not to get off subject but how is your boat after the repair? All good now?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    Hey Matt - not to get off subject but how is your boat after the repair? All good now?
    Awesome! Haven't painted it yet, and only had it out a couple time since - but so far so good...

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....672&highlight=
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

8. Member
    I have bait bars on both sides of the bracing in the rod locker. Be careful what you hang....I had a rod get caught on a hook, snapped right in half inside the locker when lifting the lid.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019
    Mercury 250 Pro XS Fourstroke