Exclamation Solix Update Problems

I posted on another thread about issues I was having with my Solix12 gen1 after updating to 3.360. Starting this one so hopefully more people can post if having issues. I spoke with a couple of people from the Facebook group(Humminbird Side Imaging) that were having similar issues after update with screens randomly freezing up. My main issue 90% of time is when changing between views using the new favorite side bar menu tab, I can use unit for several hours no problem and then switch views and screen will go blank showing no image but will still have overlay with depth reading numbers but just no picture. Sometimes I can fix it by going to home menu and choose a view and it will start working again, other times I have to shut unit down. Usually only happens once a trip otherwise works fine.

On one trip I changed view screen completely froze up showing the current image, this required me to shut unit down. Another trip I paused screen to make adjustments to color pallet and sensitivity and 2D sonar would not resume, this also required me to shut unit down.

I ran this unit all Summer with no issues. I have done several factory resets and spoke with Humminbird customer service. Hopefully its a software issue that can be addressed soon. Would really like to hear from anyone else having issues after latest update.

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Two solix 12’smhere but not noticed that problem. Saying that I have only played with it in my garage and plan on taking the boat out next weekend providing ice is gone.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

3. Member
    You weather looks a bit Iffy right now!

4. Banned
    Plan to hit the water tomorrow, I all updated we will see how it goes.

Yet to update both of mine since we still have hard water
    But I seem to remember a couple of posts on the blank screen issue
    So I’m subscribed
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    A I had mentioned on the other thread “did the latest update fix erratic depth?”
    i had reported that after this update I have had lots of problems
    fishing in 4 feet of water with a display on si showing 85 feet etc, but the di & 2d were showing the correct depth.

Well today I’m now back to normal.
    I made a list of what to try such as turning all globals off, chirp to high only not 83hz etc.

All I needed to do was to reset the defaults on the sonar settings. I didn’t reset nav data.
    I know I reset mine before the install but the more I thought about it I didn’t reset after the install.
    Happy days let’s hope today Wasn’t a fluke.

I have found with this update I now have to find a sweet spot again with the settings. On si I used to have sensitivity
    set to 7 tweaking it plus or minus 2. Now 7 is to hot so I start around 2 with contrast at 10.
    Got all summer to learn again as season starts in October.