Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Or you could just look around the top of this thread where the purpose of each of the burnt wires in your picture are identified .

2. Member
    ^^^^^^ sho could
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kls2020 View Post
    Or you could just look around the top of this thread where the purpose of each of the burnt wires in your picture are identified .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kls2020 View Post
    This is what I have come up with for the "Pin Out" of my ECU plug in connector between the engine harness and ECU showing all inputs and outputs for a 97 200 EFI . The 16 chevrons around the perimeter of the indicate the ECU connector plug pin number , respective wire colors in the harness , and what they connect to . My knock sensor is disconnected and not used so it is recommended to take this input to engine ground from what I have read . I should have shown the yellow/red wire on pin 11 and purple wire on pin 7 are both battery positives on those ECU inputs .Hope this helps - Ken Attachment 359068
    Thank you. Very helpful

5. Member
    UPDATE ! It has been awhile, but i replaced the wiring harness on the engine ,sent the ECU in to Simon Tech. to get repaired and so far my engine is running like it did when she was new! I guess the melted wires were caused from me continuously turning it over to get it to fire. Before the fix the engine had a mind of its own. It would run good for a little while then it wouldn't restart for an hour or more. I should have sent the ECU out along time ago. Thanks for all the ideas from everyone who responded!

fisherman34 Thanks for the follow up, really helps all of us to know what the confirmed fix is, very much appreciated
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12