Thread: Fuel filter

Fuel filter

I have an 88 Evinrude 150XP. I'm having issues with hard starts and bogging own on take off. I've changed the lines and bulb. I have a fuel filter/water separator filter installed just downstream of the tanks and then an inline fuel filter downstream of that. Could that be overkill filtration restricting the fuel flow and causing my problem.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Hey Steve how are you doing? No the filtration is fine, I'd check the throttle roller to make sure the sleeve is still on it. If the cam isn't touching the roller and you advance throttle it won't hit the advance timing mark. That would be a good place to check.

3. Member
    I would follow your OMC service manual on setting the idle pick up timing and how to do the sync and link.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 03-14-2019 at 04:54 PM.

4. Member
    Follow these guys instructions and they'll get you fixed up. I followed everything they said and my motor runs the best it has since I've had it.

5. Member
    Thanks guys! Good to hear from you ChampioNman! Just getting my boat back on the water. Had to do a rebuild due to some water damage so I'm expecting some setup issues.