Thread: What I ride

What I ride

My old pan I will ride it till I die. Been all across this country many times on it.

You need a Red, White, and Blue flag Easy Rider paint job!

Nice old school ride !!

4. Member
    Thanks. 1954 pan started as a flh I bought it in 69. Bought it from the original owner.

5. Member
    Nice!!

6. Member
    Nice

Nice pan Mutt. Here is my 53 pan and 73 shovel i built. Finally had to sell both with back problems. Sucks not being able to ride but life goes on.

8. Member
    fastfiat: Have you tried a rider backrest and a back wrap around back brace. That is the only way I can continue to ride using both. Hope this helps.

I've tried pretty much everything. I had Hagon shocks and three different sears on my 2012 FXDB and was ok for a few hours but paid for it the rest of the week. I figured i could keep aggravating my back until it was completely wasted or quit while i was still have a decent quality of life. So far my back has cost me surfing, drag racing and bikes. I can still fish so it could be worse. 50 years in the roofing business comes with a price. Thanks for the suggestion, i appreciate it.

10. Member
    Thanks. Your rides are nice. I see you have the distributor I had the magneto used the shorting strip to kill it no keys lol. I can tell you storys all day long around my old pan lol. I know what you mean about having hard time with your back mine is in bad shape but my pan the way it is setup I sit on the pivot point so a lot of the shock from bumps I dont get.
    That is one of the things I never did care for on kicking the forks out so far they ride terrible. Great when your young and can take it. Had a shovel on a ridgid also with the forks raked way out got rid of it just because it hurt to ride it.

I've always run a traditional timer on my stuff. No particular reason, just worked out that way. Nothing at all against the mag, in fact no battery worries and cleaner wiring is a plus. As far as ride i felt it rode much better than a short bike as the long front end has quite a bit of flex in it and absorbed a lot of shock. Handling around town took some time to master but going down the highway was a piece of cake. The guy i sold it to in Iowa rides it to work every day. ( weather permitting )

12. Member
    LOL when I had the extended forks one of my buddys used to star to sing the song give me 40 acres and ill turn this rig around just change it out to bike lol ride was terrible on mine it would start to bounce bad make it very uncomfortable to ride and control at times on a bumpy road just to much spring for me.

13. Member
    I found a 99 low rider in my friends barn he set up for 10 yearsBought itUsed jewelers rouge and felt wheel to remove all surface rustCleaned tankPulled engine honed cylindersPut new rings in itRe lapped valvesCleaned carbRuns like a champ

14. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Wow that is nice! How many times have you rebuilt the engine? Longest ride you’ve done with it and what was the worse time it left you along side the road?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Wow that is nice! How many times have you rebuilt the engine? Longest ride you’ve done with it and what was the worse time it left you along side the road?
    If your asking me I am the 2nd owner of my pan. I chopped it out years ago from its original form. I rebuilt the engine and trans back in 79 and I did a top end an new cams and followers about 7 years ago. Only time it ever left me broke down was a flat. Ive rode my pan to sturgis several times and have rode it 48 states. Took 6 months off and rode most of the states that one year, Couple years later did the rest.
    Been back to my wifes home state of new York couple of times on it and Midwest vacations a few times. Don't ride as much as I like to thanks to work. Trying to get all my bills cleared out before I retire in a couple of years.

16. Member
    Great looking bikes
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO