Thread: 2005 929CDX

2005 929CDX

Looking at used 929CDX with a 225 Opti what can you honestly tell me about these boats ?
    I appreciate the info, thank you
    Power Pole Staff
    Seaguar VIP
    Team Ardent Pro Staff
    WOO Tungsten
    Amphibia Pro Staff
    Hayabusa Fishing Hooks
    Keitech VIP
    Revital Outdoors Pro Staff
    Titan Lures
    Amsoil
    Lowrance State Team

JB's Fish Sauce
    Str8 Up Mounts Pro Staff

2. Member
    I had a 2006 with a 225 Pro-XS, dual console. I loved that boat. Huge fishing platform, very stable and plenty of room for 3 anglers.
    It had a 10" Slidemaster jack plate and was spinning a 25P Tempest Plus. Holeshot was not superb but once it got up and going it would run around 68 all day long. How the boat was loaded didn't have much of an effect on how it ran. I never experienced any walking with it either....it ran straight down the lake.
    Very good boats in my opinion....just make sure what you are looking at has been well cared for.

Thank you Flippin 416, it has been taken pretty good care of, its a buddy of mine that has it, and its been mostly a Arizona boat, and has been wrapped for a while also, it also has a new power head on it from Black Bird Industries, and the price is really right. I really appreciate your input.
    Power Pole Staff
    Seaguar VIP
    Team Ardent Pro Staff
    WOO Tungsten
    Amphibia Pro Staff
    Hayabusa Fishing Hooks
    Keitech VIP
    Titan Lures
    Amsoil
    Lowrance State Team

JB's Fish Sauce
    Str8 Up Mounts Pro Staff

4. Member
    Anytime...If you have more questions that I can help you with just shoot me a PM.

That's a beautiful boat Mark. I have it as my background on my work computer. Can't wait to see it up close!
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

6. Member
    I had that exact same boat about 10 years ago. The positives, it rode very nice in calm water, stable platform, plenty of storage, fast enough. The negatives are it’s loaded with cheap components but that’s all stuff that can be easily replaced or upgraded. I fish the Great Lakes where it’s windy all the time. It’s just not a good rough water ride which is most important to me personally and why I sold it. I’ve had 4 other boats since then that are vastly superior in that single category. However, if I fished water somewhere that didn’t act like Lake Michigan it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. If you can find one for the right price it’s a good value boat.

I run a 2007 929 CDX on Lake Erie, switched from a Ranger, hands down the best big water boat I have ever had. Huge deck super stable, as stated the hole shot is not the greatest but its stable in all water conditions, the rough water ride is great if you back it down and ride the swell, its not a speed demon but fast enough for me, I switched to a 4 blade fury and the motor grabs great, storage is everywhere, if the boat was taken care of you will get several years out of it. check the trailer they had some issues with them and if you have the cable pull out supports check them water tends to sit in the tube and rot the safety cables. The rig is heavy and the trailer will have more than normal tongue weight.
    2007 Nitro 929CDX, 225 Mercury Opti.
    Hummingbird Helix 10/1199 Lowrance 9/12 carbon/Ultrex

8. Member
    I have a 2008 leftover, Flippin and Scotty hit the nail on head. Feel free to pm for any questions. I'm about to post to ask about replacement covers.

Thanks everyone, I did buy it and picking it up this weekend, 1000 mile round trip, its a AZ boat and the trailer is flawless and it is in very good shape..and I bought it very right.
    Trying to get regular bearing and seals numbers has been a challenge tho.?
    Power Pole Staff
    Seaguar VIP
    Team Ardent Pro Staff
    WOO Tungsten
    Amphibia Pro Staff
    Hayabusa Fishing Hooks
    Keitech VIP
    Titan Lures
    Amsoil
    Lowrance State Team

JB's Fish Sauce
    Str8 Up Mounts Pro Staff

you can call Nitro direct and order the parts, when you buy get extra so you have them on hand, the race and bearings are cheap compared to blowing one out while in tow. Enjoy!
    2007 Nitro 929CDX, 225 Mercury Opti.
    Hummingbird Helix 10/1199 Lowrance 9/12 carbon/Ultrex

11. Member
    I have an 01' that I've never even rode in. I've tore it down to bare hull, and in process of COMPLETE Restoration. This boat will blow your mind when done. Putting a 2015 SHO 250 on it, Ultrex, 12's, the works.
    This boat will be one of a kind, without a doubt. Pics as it happens....

12. Member
    Here's the current situation. That is 100% Rhino Lined. What you can't see is the sparkle. It's in there though. Yes, it WAS maroon... Not any more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by trashie View Post
    Here's the current situation. That is 100% Rhino Lined. What you can't see is the sparkle. It's in there though. Yes, it WAS maroon... Not any more.
    WOW, Should look awesome when done .
    Power Pole Staff
    Seaguar VIP
    Team Ardent Pro Staff
    WOO Tungsten
    Amphibia Pro Staff
    Hayabusa Fishing Hooks
    Keitech VIP
    Titan Lures
    Amsoil
    Lowrance State Team