Took Our Girls To Their First Concert.....

KISS!!! Did you expect any other? lol. Saw some "cheap" tickets yesterday, so i decided around 2pm that we were going to go. Left work, picked them up, and headed to Louisville. Was an awesome show, how they can still do what they do at their age amazes me. Immediately following the show my youngest asked "if we could see them again?" Guess i will be looking for more than 2 seats for the Cincinnati show.

2. Member
    nothing like time spent with our kids, no matter how old they are.

Nothing like a night of lip synching. Great band has gone to pot. I saw the real farewell tour. Saw them with Leppard also & Kiss got it handed to them.
    But I'm glad the kids liked it.
    Darrall Dougherty

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darrall View Post
    Nothing like a night of lip synching. Great band has gone to pot. I saw the real farewell tour. Saw them with Leppard also & Kiss got it handed to them.
    But I'm glad the kids liked it.
    Here we go! lol Whether Paul is lip syncing, or not. It is a great show, and gets one away from the BS of the real world.

Saw them when I was 6 or 7 also my first concert.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

6. Member
    I'm going to see them next Saturday, they always put on a great show

7. Member
    Saw them supporting “Lick it up” and “Animalized” albums,good shows
    Red Sox in 6!

8. Member

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Saw the Destroyer and Alive II tours back in the day... My Dad drove me and a couple buddies to the shows (He didn't come in with us )...

Glad y'all had a good time with your girls.
    Who controls John Gill?

It could be worse, I saw them without makeup.

11. Member
    I saw them last week. There may have been a couple of times where Paul was lip syncing, maybe?, but definitely not for the rest of the time. You can hear it in his voice (actually all of them), time has caught up to them. Still a great time, still a great show, I'm still a fan, I'm glad I went but it will be my last time seeing them.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfowlmagnet View Post
    It could be worse, I saw them without makeup.
    I did as well back in the day. I am amazed how they've changed their shows over the years. Not the pyrotechnics and stage lighting, but the talking in between songs. I remember the first time I saw them, they were vulgar as all get up. So much so, that my buddy's mom who took us finally had enough and made us leave! As they've grown older, they were smart enough to realize their audience has also grown older and like the OP, are now bringing their kids to their concerts. There wasn't one curse word or innuendo the entire show last week!

I went to the show in Louisville last night also. It was great. Best concert I have seen. I think Paul uses a backing track for certain times. I'd pay to see it again.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I did as well back in the day. I am amazed how they've changed their shows over the years. Not the pyrotechnics and stage lighting, but the talking in between songs. I remember the first time I saw them, they were vulgar as all get up. So much so, that my buddy's mom who took us finally had enough and made us leave! As they've grown older, they were smart enough to realize their audience has also grown older and like the OP, are now bringing their kids to their concerts. There wasn't one curse word or innuendo the entire show last week!
    They have definitely cleaned the shows up. First time I saw them there were more topless women on the big screen than the band, which was fine with me lol. But now, as they scan the crowd with the cameras, as soon as they see someone that might flash the camera, they change the angle. Which, now, being a dad, I am ok with. Lol Crazy how that perspective changes.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kissfan4 View Post
    They have definitely cleaned the shows up. First time I saw them there were more topless women on the big screen than the band, which was fine with me lol. But now, as they scan the crowd with the cameras, as soon as they see someone that might flash the camera, they change the angle. Which, now, being a dad, I am ok with. Lol Crazy how that perspective changes.
    Thats great. Perspectives change in a big way.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

I am going to see them this Saturday in Columbus. I saw them in the 70's, 80's, 90's, well, you get the idea. The funny part of this trip is my wife is going with me. The wildest concert she has ever been to is Garth Brooks.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Kiss was my first concert also, I was 5 years old and a member of the KISS ARMY. Summer of 1979 Buffalo Memorial Auditorium Dynasty tour. Still have the ticket stub. I still remember the intro of: “You wanted the best, you got the best. The hottest band in the world: KISS!!!

18. Member
    Was never a big KISS fan, until i seen them two years ago, It was a very good show, coming back this year and i my go see them again

19. Member
    I don’t remember them doing too much cursing in the early/mid eighties shows I saw but definitely lots of innuendo.
    Red Sox in 6!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    I am going to see them this Saturday in Columbus. I saw them in the 70's, 80's, 90's, well, you get the idea. The funny part of this trip is my wife is going with me. The wildest concert she has ever been to is Garth Brooks.
    I remember the first time I took my wife to see them, I did my best to explain, but it is impossible to describe the feeling/atmosphere when the house lights go out, and you hear the "Alright (fill in city name here) you wanted the best, you got the best, the hottest band in the world....KISS!"