Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtonM View Post
    What about the sabine event where (i cant recall who) was running through the inner-coastal into houston? Sabine like 4-5 years ago?
    McClelland?

2. Member
    I dont know the farthest run but ive seen them take off with full tanks and need to fill up on the way to their spot and on the way back. And thats each day!!!! Talk about a fuel bill.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtonM View Post
    What about the sabine event where (i cant recall who) was running through the inner-coastal into houston? Sabine like 4-5 years ago?
    Don't know about 4-5 years ago but I believe Skeet made that run the last event there the first few days before it got to rough. Someone else may have made that run also.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Joe Thomas ran from 1000 islands to Rochester, not sure the distance, but just thinking that distance on Ontario, and with a 150!
    Is that even possible? 150 miles?

5. Member
    Georgetown to Charleston, then up the Cooper River. 115 miles one way. 80 miles of that run were in the ICW.
    I think it was a 4 Day event. 230 Miles a day. 920 miles not including all the running around when they got there.

Crazy how far they will stretch.

One of the days I watched them come through, river was whitecapping, tide/current ripping against the wind. Got a new appreciation for those marshalls. Guy just looked at me like make it stop. Pro never let off. WOT!!!!

When the B.A.S.S. Pros were in CA the last time, didn’t the guy who won have to get gas and then ran out before he got to the weigh-in and have to be towed, or jumped in someone else’s boat, for the last mile?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    When the B.A.S.S. Pros were in CA the last time, didn’t the guy who won have to get gas and then ran out before he got to the weigh-in and have to be towed, or jumped in someone else’s boat, for the last mile?

Justin Lucas on the CA Delta

8. Member
    Several years ago, at a tour event on Pickwick, there were a few guys who were running to Guntersville. I think Jay Yelas was one of them. I think he was fishing in the Goosepond area as well which is a LONG ways up Guntersville. This trip was well over 100 miles each way and through three locks each way, running the full length of Wilson, the full length of Wheeler (70+ miles) and then over half the length of Guntersville. I think I remember them saying that the guys who made that run would have less than 2 hours to fish and were rolling the dice on getting back through the locks without being delayed by a barge going through.
    There were also guys in that same event that were running all the way to Bay Springs lake which is 100 miles in the opposite direction.

I believe it was the Classic in Louisiana Delta the guys we’re running stopping for gas ran more had an hour or less of fishing time then running back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Thanks for jogging my memory!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I don't think he actually ran out of his gas did he? I was thinking it was Ish that stayed with him the whole way back just in case he did.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jessemyers View Post
    I rode with Ott DeFoe from St. Clair Metropark out to the middle of Lake Erie when I marshalled. It was probably close to 80 miles one way. Ironically, once we got there he caught what he called "the three smallest bass in Lake Erie", and we bailed after a fairly short time. He caught 18 pounds of Largemouth in the Detroit River on the way back to launch.
    Once he told me that’s where he was going, I would have probably opted out. That had to be one hell of a ride. Lol

It was funny because I drew Charlie Hartley day 1, and I was certain we would run to Erie. Instead Charlie had found some fish in St. Clair and we only went 15 miles from launch. When I drew Ott DeFoe for day 2, I knew he had a terrible Day 1. His day 1 was so bad he had no chance to make the cut. So I assumed we would just stay right at the ramp basically. Turns out Ott was right on the bubble for the classic cut, and needed to salvage any AOY points he could get, so he knew he had to have a decent Day 2. When I got in the boat with him at the ramp, he reached back into a locker and pulled out his pink motorcycle helmet. I knew then what I was in for...

Actually though, it wasn't a bad ride with the exception of the Miracle Mile in the Detroit River on the way back. It was one of the few days Erie was like glass. But on the way back, we went through the Miracle Mile at about 45 mph. Lots of air time, but never speared anything.

Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I don't think he actually ran out of his gas did he? I was thinking it was Ish that stayed with him the whole way back just in case he did.
    Yes he ran out, but not too far from the ramp. Ish stopped and picked Lucas and his fish up and took them to weigh in. They tied Lucas's boat off to the shore and came back later.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Good Stories enjoyed reading all of them Thanks

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    Don't know about 4-5 years ago but I believe Skeet made that run the last event there the first few days before it got to rough. Someone else may have made that run also.
    McClelland did it in one of the Sabine events
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

What about the event in Hot Springs in 2011 that Denny won where a bunch of them ran to Pine Bluff Harbor and locked twice. How far of a run was that? I'm not familiar with the area.

18. Member
    This is the reason I wouldn't marshal an event. My luck I would draw a guy who wanted to run a 100 miles in a cold rain.

My personal longest run in a tournament was 35 miles.

I remember watching a replay of the 2016 Winyah Bay Elite event and I know they talked about guys running over 100 miles and having to stop for gas twice.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Joe Thomas ran from 1000 islands to Rochester, not sure the distance, but just thinking that distance on Ontario, and with a 150!
    If that was from Clayton, it's approximately 140 miles. Alex Bay would be just over 150 miles.

Paluniuk ran from Waddington to Henderson Harbor for 4 days in 2013 which is approximately 110 miles each way. I talked to him after day 1 weigh-in and he said he didn't practice on the final day...he just made the run so he knew where he was going and to find the gas pumps along the way, so he made the trip 5 times that week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast