Thread: Chocolate milk

T Dub

Chocolate milk

Anyone have any advice for fishing water that is extremely muddy from rain runoff? Only had about an hour or so this afternoon and snuck to the lake to throw a few grubs. Only had 4 bites on a single dock, but felt like there were more fish there that wouldn’t bite.

2. T Dub
    Well I didn’t take any of your all’s advice.... but I did try again today for a couple hours and did a little better. Caught close to 20 and had 9 keepers with one big fish. Water was still chocolate milk and the fish were holding very tight to what they were relating to. Caught most holding right up against dock poles and a few down in some brush with a weedless head. Most preferred a more natural shad color and only a few were on black/chartreuse.

Big fish next to 10.5 incher

IMG_20190313_204513768-2016x1134.jpg

3. Member
    In adverse conditions they will normally hold really tight to cover and if the water has also risen look for them to be on the cover they were on when the water started to rise. I remember a time on one of my preferred lakes when the water came up feet over night. The fish were still in the cover they were at before the rise only tighter to it. They were also very difficult to make bite. I'd try to let them tell me what they want by trying a few different things and trying to think outside the box. My gut would tell me to use darker colored baits that are a little larger in size in order to displace more water but sometimes what we think they should want is not the same thing they are thinking.

4. T Dub
    Water is still muddy but fish are hungry! Probably barely a foot of clarity if that. Some of the fish didn't bite until several casts in the same spot. I would catch as many as possible on my go to color then switch colors and sometimes pick off one or two more. It's that time of year!

IMG_20190315_164031638-2016x1134.jpg

5. Banned
    Nice

6. Member
    When it's muddy I bust out the beetle spin!

7. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryG View Post
    When it's muddy I bust out the beetle spin!
    I bought one a few years ago, but never even opened the pack. I’ll have to try it next time