How bad is debris floating in water?

I am planning to come down from Ohio this weekend and fish. I have been told the water has too much debris floating and it would be really bad on the boat. I was thinking Center Hill or the Chick but nobody is giving me a straight answer. Can you guys clarify how bad it is?

2. Member
    Centerhill is way high and the ramps are locked on Ragland and Johnson Chapel. Sunday I did see that Hurricane ramp is not locked and 5 boats were fishing there. You would need to be very careful and know where the concrete barrier wall is to not tear up your trailer. I live there and chose not to put in as I am not risking my boat/trailer by putting in there. The water is very high and it looks like it would be some good fishing around the picnic tables and benches and other structures.

3. Member
    Chick is fishable, it's at normal pool for this time of year, but it's still spilling through the dam. Main lake is stained, creeks are OK. Like all TVA lakes, more stained up river (Dayton), clears up downriver closer to the dam (Chattanooga).

I was there last Wednesday through Sunday. Current on main was no joke, but the debris wasn't bad at all. Fished north and south ends. Main is definitely stained, and the creeks are case by case. Like printman71 said, pretty much everything north is dirty. South some creeks are more stained than others. There's a few area's the water was pretty much clear. Fishing wasn't great, but it did get better each day. Contrary to popular belief, 10lbers were not jumping in the boat. Hope that helps..