Best price for Seaguar Tatsu bulk spools

Hey BBC members,

Where do you guys buy your bulk spools of tatsu from? And, where’s the best prices?

thanks

kyle

2. Member
    I don’t buy it but amazon mostly always had the lowest prices on invizx and abrazx
    Nitro z21

I don't buy it either, mostly because I'm worried that would make me buy more of it...

That said, from reading other posts on the same subject, there seem to be 2 approaches:

1) Buy it when Tackle Warehouse puts it on their 25 days of Christmas sale.
    2) Find it on Amazon (or maybe eBay).

Given the time of year, you're probably stuck with option 2. It'll almost assuredly be cheaper that way, though I've heard stories of people getting counterfeit stuff via the sellers on Amazon (eBay). Many others have never had issues, of course. The other concern is you're not sure what under what conditions it's been stored and/or how long it's been stored while in Amazon's (eBay seller's) possession. I know that fluoro isn't supposed to be affected by high/low temps, time, and all that stuff, but I'm not sure I fully buy that. Of course you may get some from an Amazon (eBay) seller that's even fresher and/or better stored than the stuff from popular retailers. Just a gamble you have to be willing to take in exchange for saving that money.

Others should be able to chime in with first-hand experience, possibly even suggesting specific sellers on Amazon or eBay they've received good or bad product from.

One last thing I can add: You might try the Bass Raptor fluorocarbon from HitenaUSA.com. It's quite reasonable and, from my limited usage to this point, seems to carry a ton of the properties that people find with Tatsu that makes it superior to other fluorocarbons on the market. You can use code "bassraptor50" with your first purchase to get 50% off, and you also get free shipping with a $25 purchase. Their terminal tackle is EXTREMELY high quality as well if you want some better-than-Hyperwire split rings or something. I'm assuming that code still works....if not, send them a Facebook message and I bet you'll get the discount. I know it's sketchy to spend money on something you've never heard of, but this company's stuff is really high quality across the board. The guy got rich manufacturing specialized products for other industries, then simply applied his know-how and equipment to the fishing industry because he likes fishing.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    Best price on Tatsu is definitely when you can get it on a TW sale. That being said I only think its worth the extra cost with the lower sizes (6lb, 8lb). I bought a 1000yd spool of 8 before Christmas.

I just actually ordered some of the Hitena line you mentioned. The coupon code worked. $35 for 400 yards of FC isn't a bad deal, I got 14 and 16lb. Worth a try.

5. Banned
    Check amazon and eBay the listings change often so check back. There are clearly some people selling it who have no idea what it is and they price it at what must be above cost for a quick buck.