Broken Bow, Sardis, Tenkiller and anything else that gets in our way!

Spring break for grandsons next week. Definitely going to hit Broken Bow and Sardis for the first time. Any advice appreciated-especially navigating Sardis, water conditions and anything else to catch a fish, keep boat floating, finding ethanol free 89, motels, etc would be appreciated. We will then head wherever we want but thinking pine creek and Grand are possible. Maybe Quachita or elsewhere in Arkansas.

thanks for any help you may send along.

2. Member
    Go to Sardis lake cabins there is a store with a restaurant there .
    if you stay at the cabins or hotel room willy Steve will point you at some fish.
    My suggestion would be to throw some lite brown jigs with some orange on it .
    white spinner baits, or my special Sardis bait yum Crawdad color baits ,not going to tell you which one on here.
    orfind a roadbed and throw something with yellow in it.
    broken bow go up the river to bear creek I believe it is and throw a chrome rattle bait and a war eagle spot sticker spinnerbait

I'd definitely suggest McGee Creek and Pine Creek if it isn't 20' high. Maybe even a run up to Cedar.

4. Member
    Thanks. I appreciate the info. We are going to have a blast. Our first trip in the boat for an extended time.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    I'd definitely suggest McGee Creek and Pine Creek if it isn't 20' high. Maybe even a run up to Cedar.
    This^^^^^ take them from Broken bow over to Pine Creek. The black and spot bite should be great and the white bass should be heading up.

6. Member
    Pine creek was crazy good this fall and spring should be awesome.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    Pine creek was crazy good this fall and spring should be awesome.
    I agree!
    Non ethanol no problem in Broken Bow.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

8. Member
    We will be on Broken Bow 3/20-3/23.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2013 Ranger Z520c w/Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    We will drop you a line if we hit it first or if we are in the neighborhood then. Pine creek has our interest and Greeson in Arkansas. We have a week so we will go where the fish are biting.
    my grandson and I just talked about your 4 day commitment and I said you must really like it. We are searching for the one that we really like and will make our favorite.
    We will hit many lakes that I have never fished. Just saw a golf course on the broken bow map-now I am even more excited about it.

10. Member
    I've been making the Broken Bow trip since I was 5. It's been a family thing for a very long time. We like to feel up the freezers with crappie on this trip and from the looks of things this year will lineup perfect for that.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2013 Ranger Z520c w/Yamaha SHO 250

11. Member
    Nice. We will head there later this week, probably thursday.
    greeson is a very pretty lake. Islands, good deep water and shallow bays. 60 degree water today. We got a late start due to trailer bearing seal leaks. Seem minor, at least for now.
    your water should be warming up great for your trip.
    good luck.