Lund Predator 2010

Looking at a Lund Predator 2010. Looking for some reviews on this boat. Really like the new Pro V Bass but came across this one and looks pretty similar.

2. Member
    There is a member here that posts almost daily that can set you straight. You are right it is a similar boat and would make a fine rig for hopefully much less money.

3. Banned
    What do you want to know? I bought mine new in 2013.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    What do you want to know? I bought mine new in 2013.
    Look no further here’s your guy lol. He helped me a lot with my Pro V Bass purchase.

5. Banned
    I love this video. I'll answer any specific questions you have.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I love this video. I'll answer any specific questions you have.
    Currently have an 05 Triton Tr 186. Looking at lund Pro V Bass/Predator for the rough water ride and the storage/layout. What would you say the biggest positives and negatives are of the boat?

My biggest concerns are the room on the back casting deck and how shallow it can go when fishing with the trolling motor.

Any insight you have on the boat would be great.

7. Banned
    The rear casting deck is typical of any multispecies boat. There is a livewell in the rear deck which I use as a cooler. There is storage under both rear seats. I keep rain gear and life jackets under the seats. On the floor, directly in front of the rear seats is a storage compartment for the starting battery and remote oil tank. I have dual consoles. I'm 6'0 and 270 and there is plenty of room for me to get in and out of the seats. Tons of leg room under the consoles. The glovebox is huge. Enough room to put a small child in There is a port storage/rod locker that is roughly a foot wide and almost 2 ft deep. It has 3 rod tubes in it, I think good to 7' or 7'6", I'm not sure. Cockpit area is larger on the ProV. Front deck is larger on the Predator than the deck on the ProV Bass. The Predator has rod buckles and the ProV has bungee cords for the rod tiedowns. The center rod storage holds (5) 6'6", (5) 7', (5) 7'6" rods. The ProV Bass has storage for longer rods because it doesn't have the 60" livewell stretched across the deck in front of the consoles. The livewell has 2 dividers which divide it into (3) 20" sections. The port and starboard storage boxes on both the Predator and ProV Bass cannot accept rods because of the dividers. Trolling motor battery and charger storage is under the rod box on both boats BUT the Predator only has room for 2 batteries and the charger. My 3rd battery is in the starboard locker. The ProV Bass has all 3 trolling motor batteries under the rod locker. There is an immense amount of storage in both boats. The cleats are pop up/down on the Predator vs fold up/down on the ProV. I'm running the 225 ProXS with a 21 Tempest and a Hotfoot, and a single Talon. Prior to upgrading to a 36v TM, the boat would do 59mph. The added weight of the battery and motor has knocked it down to 57mph. Trolling motor is a 36v Terrova Ipilot Link wit a 60" shaft. Boat came with a 24v 80lb and after draining the batteries more than once in windy conditions on Lake Michigan, I chose to upgrade. The hull drafts 14", so figure with the motor trimmed down 2' is dooable while on the trolling motor. She needs at least 3ft to jump on plane or you're going to be digging the bottom unless you get a jackplate. The boat planes out almost instantaneously. The ProV is a tad wider, I'm at 93" and I think the ProV is 95" or 96". The Predator has a deeper freeboard than the ProV and theoretically should handle big water better. I have only crawled thru the ProV, never ridden in it. I don't think you can go wrong with either boat. My only disappointment has been with the trailer. Shorleland'r trailers are disappointing to say the least. The trailer frame is solid, but the add ons like the guide ons and fenders have a lot to be desired.

8. Member
    There are zero concerns with shallow water with the pro v bass. I’m amazed at how skinny it will go. Probably less than some of my other big fiberglass rigs. It’s something I didn’t expect at all when I bought it. Now I have no fear I’ll try to go places the kayak guys stay out of lol.

9. Banned
    My good buddy has one and it set up for musky but we use it often for bass. The front deck is massive, biggest I have seen so fishing two of us up there is no issue. Storage is massive, holds lots of rods. The ride is nice, cruises like a Cadillac but it's not the driest of rides. Some of the components are lower quality in my opinion, the consoles are plastic while fighting a big musky he accidentally stepped on the passenger console and cracked it so... the decks are wood so after several seasons you can see some waves on the decking... it's no speed demon but that's not what it was designed for... all in all it's a great boat if you can find one in nice condition I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. Me personally I like the pro v bass a little better fits my needs a little more. My musky buddy said if they offered a 60" well like the predator he would get 2075 pro v bass.