Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Sorry for your loss

Sorry for the loss of your pup Roddy.... truly an unconditional love that dogs have for their owners...I think that's why we get so attached...special bond between us and them...never gets any easier...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

3. Member
    So sorry.

4. Member
    Very sorry Roddy...and yes it hurts like hell...
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Because they love you with a true, and pure love. Because no matter what mood your in, they still want to be with you and feel your love. I'm sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine that kind of pain. Our boy is 6 and I'm already scared to death to think of what will happen when it comes his time. Damnit, now I'm sitting here at my desk bawling like a baby.
    Last edited by smalljawguy; 03-13-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Very sorry, I know exactly how you feel. Let some time heal your heart and then go get another to fill that horrible hole.

Very sorry, it's a shame they don't live longer. We've lost 2 dogs over the last 4 years and our lab is 11. Always tough to let them go, but we cherish the time we have with them.

8. Member
    Very sorry.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Dog or cat it doesn't matter. It's always tough.
    Darrall Dougherty

Because you give each other unconditional love. sorry for your loss, it's been 7 months since I put down my 2 kids and it still hurts.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Very sorry for your loss Roddy.

12. Member
    Easy answer! They love you unconditionally. Took me weeks to get over loosing Duke,my 11 year old Boxer. I feel your pain. So sorry!

13. Member
    Love is why it hurts so much.
    Lost our yellow lab last summer, still miss her badly.
    I am very sorry for your loss.
    Not all churches have pews? Very few churches without pews have God.

14. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    The worse part of the day today was picking up water bowls, beds and toys.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I have a framed version of this hanging in my office...

"Tribute to a Dog"

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

- George Graham Vest, 1870
    Who controls John Gill?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345