Anyone at Shearon Harris today? 3/12

Made my first trip to Harris this morning. I’d Never been on the lake before. Stayed about 4-4.5 hours and spent at least half my time riding around and looking. Fished a little with zero bites. Anyone else out there this morning or
    know of someone that was there? I’m wondering how other people did.
    Btw.....water looked good. I was expecting high muddy water but it wasn’t bad at all. Temps were 52-53.

2. Banned
    Got to get up there before next week for our tourney and try and find something. Have not been there since 2003.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Got to get up there before next week for our tourney and try and find something. Have not been there since 2003.
    You haven't missed a thing. The last time you were there it was really good. Don't expect what you saw in 2003

4. Banned
    I have been told that a lot of timber was blown into the lake by some very strong winds several years back and created some good spots to fish in the deeper water. But, yes, 2001, 2002 & 2003 was a good years up there for sure.

Wow, was just getting ready to post for input as well. Was the water clarity consistent throughout the area? Was planning to hit Jordan this weekend for season first trip but not sure water level and ramps will be open on Friday, still sitting at 226ft. Jordan is reporting 54-55deg water temp last week or so and was hoping to find transition and shoreline bass. Can never find Harris water info, or at least I don't know where to find it. 52-53 and they weren't taking at all, were you just fishing aggressive o do any finessing? I just moved here a little over year ago from Chesapeake area and still getting used to the area and I am hoping to get some idea on how the bass here react to flooding situations since that seems to be a common theme for the lakes here. Tight lines gents.

6. Member
    I didn’t fish much but when I did I threw a few different baits. Threw a small balsa crank a little, a jerkbait a little, a jig and when the wind picked up later in the morning I threw a spinnerbait some. I did find some dirtier water in the back of a creek. I didn’t see the whole lake. Temps were 52-53 pretty consistently but i launched at 730am and it was about 35 air temp. I’m sure the water temp warmed later in the day. I hear Jordan is very high. I’d never been on Harris before so I can’t say what the water level is normally, but Harris didn’t seem high to me. Others would know better than me
    Last edited by Fboro; 03-13-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo

Good deal. I will update when I get on this weekend, I have Friday off so of course, it's suppose to be 18-20mph winds, thunderstorms in the afternoon. kind of day that makes you want powerpoles and spotlock.

8. Member
    I’m fishing Harris again Saturday. Looking forward to it. I’m still not sure if it’s tough at Harris right now or was I just completely off Tuesday. ? I didnt fish enough to get a good feel for it, but I heard one other boat say they only caught 1. They were there the same time frame I was and they had two people.
    Last edited by Fboro; 03-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.

9. Member
    I was there Tuesday and caught a few but it was tough. Fish were jump bumping baits. not an aggressive bite at all. This weather should change that though. On Falls Friday & Harris Saturday w/ trips.

10. Member
    Fished Monday and wednesday-1st time on lake. No fish. Temp hit 54 yesterday.
    Even the old timer perch guys were complaining at the launch.

11. Member
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

12. Banned
    Fished Falls today out of Barton Creek. Lots of bass boats in the parking lot when i took out and saw a lot on the water for sure. Caught my biggest fish of the year so far. Wind was really blowing today. They were doing a controlled burn for a long stretch on the right going toward the dam. It was so smokey you had to idle because you could not see 20 feet for about a 200 yard stretch.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Fished Falls today out of Barton Creek. Lots of bass boats in the parking lot when i took out and saw a lot on the water for sure. Caught my biggest fish of the year so far. Wind was really blowing today. They were doing a controlled burn for a long stretch on the right going toward the dam. It was so smokey you had to idle because you could not see 20 feet for about a 200 yard stretch.
    How big was your year best?
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

14. Banned
    9 lbs

15. Member
    Damn hog. Nice! I think there going to break wide open this week at Falls and harris
    No clue about Jordan with that falling water.
    I hate cold falling water. Can’t figure it out at all
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

16. Banned
    It was hard earned for me. Fished just about everything you could imagine from the dam all the way to the big 'S" CURVE BEFORE New Light Creek.