Vessel View mobile for 150 opti 1B044209 - Motor hours?

Hey guys,

I was curious seeing I just bought the vessel view mobile unit for my motor.

When you connect the VVM to the motor and it reads out the motor hours, does it read out the hours you have only used since the time the module has been plugged in OR will it read to me the actual total hour that are on the motor?

im also curious.... will the app be running off of phone data to be used? or does it only use data on certain things you add on like weather and if clicking on a help me part that would bring you to a website
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209

2. Member
    It will show total hours on the motor

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... Hours come from the PCM, and are total runtime hours (hours that the flywheel has been spinning).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    awesome thank you both for the replies!
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209

5. Banned
    I wish it would show the detailed breakdown of hours at RPM ranges like I can get from a service center. Total hours doesn't really tell the whole story, but it is useful.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    A decent dealer will print that info out for you when you're having your Annual Maintenance done.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor