Where should I fish? Henderson?

Picking my boat up from the shop Thursday in Crystal River (Live in Tampa), and figured I would stop somewhere on the way back and do some bass fishing. Saw Lake Henderson and looks pretty good from google maps, any other good lakes right now along that route?
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Henderson is a great chain. The water is high and clear but the little green fish are biting! Spring seems to have sprung the last week!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    Any tips or tricks? I assume still bedding strong?
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    Current:

4. Banned
    The brown TURD Mudskippers will also try and take Your shite.

There is an hourly tournament coming up on the 23rd so it 'may' be more busy than usual. The water clarity is roiled due to the HIGH winds, pollen...

Casslaw: You might not believe it but, I went through a 3/4 pack of Rage Craws on a certain jig and was catching them every which way. Even had a 7+ break through the pads, strike at it, get caught and whilst I 'fought' the fish, My 9 month old PETA™ member Birdie figured it best if I didn't bring that one in

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post
    Picking my boat up from the shop Thursday in Crystal River (Live in Tampa), and figured I would stop somewhere on the way back and do some bass fishing. Saw Lake Henderson and looks pretty good from google maps, any other good lakes right now along that route?

Depending what part of Crystal River You're going to be in, I'd hit Lake Rousseau and launch at the dam and fish up to the bend. The road to the dam is just North of the Mall off of 19. There are stumps out the wazoo but if You stay by the dam, You'd be able to get some great action in..

6. Member
    Im going to be just north of the Suncoast parkway, not not very far north
    Current:

7. Banned
    I caught only 1. Windier than shit. Limited out on trash

8. Member
    I've been trying the Henderson chain for over a month now and not having much luck... a few here and there, nothing big though. It's been tough

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    I've been trying the Henderson chain for over a month now and not having much luck... a few here and there, nothing big though. It's been tough

Per the folks that do the Shocking/Counting Lake Henderson not only has the most fish but also a larger "average" then that of Floral City to Lake Davis to Lake Spivey to Lake Henderson to Lake Hernando.

The big $$$ Hourly Tournament is this Sat. 23rd leaving out of Eden Ramp (Lake Spivey)

So I'll go out and look for collapsible hamster cages if the weather heats up..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Per the folks that do the Shocking/Counting Lake Henderson not only has the most fish but also a larger "average" then that of Floral City to Lake Davis to Lake Spivey to Lake Henderson to Lake Hernando.

The big $$$ Hourly Tournament is this Sat. 23rd leaving out of Eden Ramp (Lake Spivey)

So I'll go out and look for collapsible hamster cages if the weather heats up..
    Yea I'm thinking about doing that tourney, but the way it's been going I'll probably just be donating money and be just 1 more boat in the way lol

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    Yea I'm thinking about doing that tourney, but the way it's been going I'll probably just be donating money and be just 1 more boat in the way lol

I popped in @ApopkaMarine..

Do You know a Junior Angler? They are GIVING AWAY a beautiful little skiff to a Junior Angler.. Before they had a drawing but if You know someone, 2 years ago the Drawing was between 3 kids..

I also mentioned that they also have a "Trash Tournament" NOT to catch "trash fish" but anyone NOT cashing an hourly "win" is eligible to go out and load up as much garbage in 45 min..

But look at the tourney rules as it relates to the Junior Angler boat..

12. Banned
    Here is the Flier...

Check-out the Junior Angler boat:

http://www.goinverness.com/146/Big-Bass-Classic

130 anglers are signed up.. Unk. how many boats..

$1000 deal for Female Angler (unk. if a guy could Angle in 'drag'... I'd need a few beers before I get this far into 'it'...)