Taylormade Rocketbladez or Tommy Armor A1 Irons?

Went to Dick's to check out the Taylormade Rocketbladez irons on the suggestion of my brother. I am a low 90's golfer right now, play about 10 rounds a year and I think it's time for an upgrade.

Get to Dick's and I ask if they have a place to hit the clubs and he's like, sure do, we have a $50,000 simulator. Well, of course it did not work but I was able to hit the clubs.

The sales guy was hot on the TA 1's. They are $100 cheaper and you get one additional club. After hitting both I think the Rocketbladez felt better but it was very close.

Anybody have either of these sets and how do you like them?

2. Member
    Find a golf galaxy (same as dick’s but they know what they are doing) and hit those clubs on a working tracker system for swing speed, variance on/off line, monkey with shaft weights, try them all and they can track it and tell you what is actually working for you.
    otherwise go with what feels best. But you will learn a lot in a 15-30 minute session and it is free.

3. Member
    Are you just looking at price? I’m not sure if the Tommy’s, but the TM product is 5-6 years old already.

I would find a PGA Tour Superstore or a Golf Galaxy or other golf fitter and actually get fit. I never thought it would make that much of a difference, but for me it was huge. I did set a limit on what I was going to spend, but also know that spending a little more may Actually be worth it. And it was. My new irons, driver and fairway wood just came in and I couldn’t be happier.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc