Thread: Weiss Lake

Weiss Lake

I'm from the Huntsville area. I took sometime off from work to fish next week. I was thinking of going to Weiss Lake. Is it worth the trip to go fish it? Or is it still messed up from the flooding? Do yall have any tips for catching them on Weiss?

2. Member
    I was down there 2 weeks ago and it was hard. Flooded everywhere. They’ve since drawn down the water and it’s back where it should be so I would think it would be fishing good.

3. Member
    A friend of mine fished the winter trail classic over there last weekend (March 9-10). They had 40 pounds for 2 days.
    As noted above, it's at normal pool for this time of year, but lots of water still needs to moved downstream from Carters and Alatoona Lakes, both of these drain into rivers that end up in the Coosa where it starts in Rome, GA.

4. Member
    Alright thanks guys I might go there to check it out.

5. Member
    We fished up there last weekend, fishing seems to be getting better as the water is stabilizing. Should be better after the warmer days we’ve had this week. Just have to cover some water until you stumble upon some. Be careful running too, still lots of debris in the water, especially above Spring & Cowan creeks.

6. Member
    Alright thanks man I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I get some