BBC SPONSOR

Pantera Classic Value

My partner & I recently won a 2019 Bass Cat Pantera Classic (Vision Tour?) with a Mercury 150 HP. Pro XS 4-Stroke. The boat has 2 Humminbird Helix 7 units, Motor Guide 24V, Cover, Tandem trailer, blinker trim, HotFoot, & few other things. I am curious what a ballpark value is on this boat. Thank you

When I priced one at the end of 2017 they were right around $40,000. Probably a bit more than that now. Might be a tough sale with the 150 instead of a 200.

3. Member
    It all depends on your urgency to sell. As stated above, the 150 hp merc may impact demand for the boat.
    Low to mid 40's (dollars) would be a good starting point.
    I have a friend who has a Classic with the 150. Uses it for his sons High school tournaments. That's him, and two teenage boys fishing and he says it does a great job for them.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Yeah that pretty much has base model equipment. Even at low 40k it'll be a tough sell with the 150 unless you find a specific person or they find you. You're going to be $$$ ahead so if you want to move it fast I would start at $40k tops imho.

$35k WITH THE 150hp
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    $35k WITH THE 150hp
    That's a bit low. For 35k I'm driving to Calvert City, KY this weekend.

7. Member
    I bet 35 isn't too far off. It's a prize boat. Typically it seems like they sell for a bit under market value. I know there's a 2019 Caracal that was won at a tourney that's been for sale for months. They have it priced at 53. The Puma FTD that was the prize boat for the US Open is listed for 59. Just seems like they don't fetch full price idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    That's a bit low. For 35k I'm driving to Calvert City, KY this weekend.

you can buy one rigged with same equipment from a dealer for a very similar price.....As mentioned above prize boats from a private party never bring what a dealer/new boat will....if they ask $40K I just assume go find a new one from a dealer with a 200 for $40K-$42K.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Prize boats are sometimes a challenge as folks buying them often expect a unusually low price. Like assuming the winner had not cost, though they often laid down hard cash, sweat and heart to achieve their accomplishment.

10. Member
    I would price the exact same boat then drop 10 grand off it and go from there. Atleast that’s what I would do.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

11. Member
    Another Concern I have is would you be the second or third owner on the boat even though it’s never been on the water?

Technically the buyer would be the original owner if it hasn't been titled.
    I think most are correct on pricing. It's a prize. Period. Sure there was work involved by the winners. Maybe even up to $2000 entry. Sitting on it to get top price won't get many offers imho. $35k is still a nice return on investment. The potential buyer won't be as picky with color/equipment/accessories as if they were ordering through a dealer, so they would figure a reasonable price for ALL parties is fair, again imho.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    We have been told the buyer will be original owner & we will be asking $39,500 (O.B.O). The boat is primarily White with black & silver. We will be advertising it this weekend.

Sounds fair and pretty much standard or "popular " color. Good luck and congrats on the win!

Too bad it is not a 200. I have a friend that wants that hull but only with a 200. Good luck with the sale. That is a really nice hull.

I'd say mid 30's. I wouldnt fuss too much if someone gave you a fair offer on it, with the release of the new four stroke aside from pricing will probably make it a littler harder to sell. Cant beat winning a boat though! Congrats!
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

17. Member
    Wonder how much would it be to upgrade the engine to a 200, since it is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech32 View Post
    Wonder how much would it be to upgrade the engine to a 200, since it is new.
    You would have to take to a dealer that would be open to the change out after the purchase..

19. Member
    Local dealer to me has a new 2018 classic with a 200 optimax for 42k similarly equipped. You'd need to be a fair bit under that if I personally was going to buy vs. the 200 but that's just me. I'm not in the market for a boat at this time though.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrank View Post
    Local dealer to me has a new 2018 classic with a 200 optimax for 42k similarly equipped. You'd need to be a fair bit under that if I personally was going to buy vs. the 200 but that's just me. I'm not in the market for a boat at this time though.
    Assuming that you are referring to the Classic at Riverside Marine, that is a very nice deal at 41,700 for a leftover 2018 with the 200. Looks like the upgraded 4 inch trailer on it as well. I don't think that 35 for the prize boat with that 150 is too far off either.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S