Ranger rt 198 Help

I need some help with my livewell. For some reason I loose water every time I make a run up the lake. I mean a lot of water. I have the valve turned to recirculating. How can this be???

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix#1 View Post
    I need some help with my livewell. For some reason I loose water every time I make a run up the lake. I mean a lot of water. I have the valve turned to recirculating. How can this be???
    Is the water going into the Bilge?
    If not it must be pumping out or flowing out the overflow. What is the position position of the red pump out valve?
    Do you lose water if the valve is in Recirculate but the pump is not running?
    There is a manual ball valve built into the spray head where the water comes into the live well. You can't see it but you can feel it. Close it down some to reduce the pump flow. You may be pumping so much that you are forcing water out the over flow.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    You may need to turn your selector to recirculate. All the way to recirculate. It may be hanging in the middle which is in the empty position which would cause the condition you describe.

This is the valve I referred to. When you unscrew it, you can see that the spray head is actually a ball valve.
    If the problem results from overfilling the livewell, closing this valve slightly should solve it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching