Surprised by wife! Bye-bye ProCraft

This is a BIG surprise for me. We've had many issues, a blown engine, then rebuild it. The floor rotted then it is replaced. New carpet. Rebuild on the TM. Now carbs are acting plugged up.

So getting back to her excitement. I had convinced her, we needed a new outboard, especially make a change to Mercury repower. She agreed. Then she's looking at boats. So she found a 10 year newer Champion 180 with a 2002 Optimax 150.

What's a man to do. Wife says get a newer boat. So we are. Who fights a wife that wants no more to do with our present boat and wants to get a different boat, not new, but 10 years newer than our boat. Ready to go, receipts show recent new power head, carbs checked/cleaned, needs a battery, been setting four years in a climate controlled storage location.

Going to check out running it on muffs, check transom, and all the other features...
    So it's bye-bye to this ProCraft...
    Unless we find something wrong. Then I'm eating Crow.

2. Member
    Congrats!! Hope everything works out for you and the Mrs. on the new(er) boat.

First of all, I'd give her a big hug and kiss. Then finish up the "honey do list" as quick as possible!!
    "Show me the water, I will fish."

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassguy2 View Post
    First of all, I'd give her a big hug and kiss. Then finish up the "honey do list" as quick as possible!!
    Eggxactly! This is the 2nd time.... she is the one who wanted us to pull the trigger on getting the ProCraft 12 or so years ago. I opened the boat up today to breath and help dry the carpet. Now I need to get another cover for it, but if I'm selling, I may keep using what I've been using. A HF cheapy tarp.
    Last edited by hankll; 03-13-2019 at 01:27 AM.