Vessel View Mobile install 250 4 S

Just installed it and will run it tomorrow....thought I would share where I mounted it

IMG_0687.JPGIMG_0688.JPG

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Member
    Great install.....thats exactly how I did mine.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be sure to note any connectivity problems and update the thread as you have a chance to run it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Mine is in the same place. Can't connect running. Have to turn the motor to connect idling.

While in the drivers seat of the boat it connected great at home and then again at the ramp while running. Later in the day when I would pull it up the screen was black but I could swipe it to the side and see the stats page...faults, Maint. etc. Back at the ramp I walked to the back of boat and still poor connectivity. Back at home again great connectivity from the driver seat. I have WiFi in the garage....could that make a difference??

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I recommend routing the unit's wiring up the STB side of the engine, and mounting the module up high (and forward).

Of course, the BEST location is under the dash (but that requires some additional items to accomplish for many bass-rigs).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I recommend routing the unit's wiring up the STB side of the engine, and mounting the module up high (and forward).

Of course, the BEST location is under the dash (but that requires some additional items to accomplish for many bass-rigs).
    Thanks Don...I will look at it to see where/how I can find a better location....Today it seemed to work fine so it must be right at it's limit for distance

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

8. Member
    I had to order a 6 foot extension harness, routed it to the front of the 4s motor, works great now

Quote Originally Posted by nowakezone View Post
    I had to order a 6 foot extension harness, routed it to the front of the 4s motor, works great now
    Where did you order it from and how much was it?

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

10. Member
    Triton19x2 I mounted mine like you did but the top of the module is tilted forward slightly....works great no issues with connecting.

Ok...thats a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Triton19x2 I mounted mine like you did but the top of the module is tilted forward slightly....works great no issues with connecting.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Where did you order it from and how much was it?
    Boaters world is who ordered mine, $29.00

Quote Originally Posted by nowakezone View Post
    Boaters world is who ordered mine, $29.00

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

14. Member
    [QUOTE=nowakezone;10120944]I had to order a 6 foot extension harness, routed it to the front of the 4s motor, works great now[/QUOTE
    6ft or 6in? 6ft would be a lot of cable to wad up inside the cowling or am I not understanding something?

15. Member
    I didn't measure, my dealer told me it's 6 foot.
    After you plug in the harness and wrap it around that big v8,there is only about a foot extra

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Can do with an extension harness- but wouldn't go beyond 6' (that's really stretching the limits when there's only one resistor in the circuit).