Cumberland usable ramps?

Does anybody know if the ramp at Pleasant Hill is usable? If not how about Halcombs Landing at the dam? Want to go this coming weekend if it's possible. Thanks

Seems like I read on another site that the ramp at the dam (Halcombs) is usable. Looking at the water level history the lake is down 13 ft from when it crest. I saw first hand what it looked like in the parking lot when it crest and in my mind I think 13 ft lower would make the ramp usable...I will know for sure tomorrow/Tuesday because I plan on going to Cumberland and putting in at the dam. I will report back tomorrow/Tuesday.

Even when the water was at crest you could still use Lilly. The only problem I saw was if the wind blew debris into the treeline it made it difficult to power load/unload.

3. Member
    dam is fine, jtown was useable

4. Member
    Just to confirm, you can launch a boat at the Halcombs Landing ramp?
    Meaning, ramp is in good shape to safely launch a small club tournament (20 boats) and no problem with the parking lot?

Thanks,

5. Member
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KTBASS View Post
    Just to confirm, you can launch a boat at the Halcombs Landing ramp?
    Meaning, ramp is in good shape to safely launch a small club tournament (20 boats) and no problem with the parking lot?

Thanks,
    Actually at the current level it is the easiest I have ever launched at the dam because you don't have to climb a mountain to get back to the truck.

Halcomb's Landing, the ramp at the dam was very easy to unload/load Tuesday 3/12. Morning surface temp at the dam was 47 and 48 late in the afternoon. The main body has a light stain and the coves are more clear in the backs. All different kinds of color and temperatures were found in Indian on 3/12. I saw anything from clear to mud with temperatures varying 47-54 pending what water color you were in and time of day.

I know Tuesday is not a popular day for most people to fish but I found it very odd that I was on the water for 8 hours and only saw 1 striper boat and 1 bass boat, so including myself there was just three boats on the lower end of the lake and in Indian.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Actually at the current level it is the easiest I have ever launched at the dam because you don't have to climb a mountain to get back to the truck.

Halcomb's Landing, the ramp at the dam was very easy to unload/load Tuesday 3/12. Morning surface temp at the dam was 47 and 48 late in the afternoon. The main body has a light stain and the coves are more clear in the backs. All different kinds of color and temperatures were found in Indian on 3/12. I saw anything from clear to mud with temperatures varying 47-54 pending what water color you were in and time of day.

I know Tuesday is not a popular day for most people to fish but I found it very odd that I was on the water for 8 hours and only saw 1 striper boat and 1 bass boat, so including myself there was just three boats on the lower end of the lake and in Indian.
    did you catch any fish?

Went to Lily and watched a small boat launch, ramp is still under water, but the hill is steep enough he didnt seem to have trouble, I would be careful though. Lily creek was still muddy
    I was told still you cant turn around at pleasant

Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    did you catch any fish?
    3 largemouth...I had to fish a hard 8 hours to get them and they were my only 3 bites all day.

Quote Originally Posted by jlperkins View Post
    Went to Lily and watched a small boat launch, ramp is still under water, but the hill is steep enough he didnt seem to have trouble, I would be careful though. Lily creek was still muddy
    The problem with Lily is when the water is in the treeline if the wind blows debris into the treeline and onto the road you will have a lot of trouble loading/unloading.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlperkins View Post
    I figured it would be awhile before a man could turn around at Pleasant Hill. Thanks

11. Member
    The old Alligator Ramp at Wolf Creek is usable. Can't use the courtesy dock, but you can launch from parking lot and there is parking available.