Older skeeter question

So im looking at purchasing a 99 zx202c, it has the yamaha 200. Lowrance electronics, minnkota trolling motor with spot lock, looks like a clean boat. My question is, do yall think 99 is to old of a skeeter? The guy is selling it for 12,000. i know skeeter holds its value but wasnt sure your thoughts on a boat like this. do the 99's still perform good after all these years? any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    Hell, mine is a 94' and still gets around. I don't think you can go wrong with that boat you are looking at. That's actually what I was hoping to find, but there was none to be found anywhere close to me.
    2006 Skeeter ZX225

3. Member
    Yea I figured I couldn’t go wrong. I was just worried about age and price. I have a ski boat now which does the trick but a bass boats a lot easier to fish out of.

4. Member
    I have a 2000 ZX202 with the 200hp OX66. I bought the boat in 2005, and I believe I was the 3rd owner. Its been a solid boat. I have done upgrades over the years, duel PP, sea star steering, remote drain plug. Replaced all pumps and valves just because it was time. It gets used fairly hard during the spring and summer. When my grandfather was still living it was him, my brother and I always fishing. Not once did any of us feel crowded in it and ran low 60s. Now its just my bro and I. Its not a speed demon by any means. Don't really care. It has never let me down to date. Not one major repair. Had to replace the tilt and trim relay pack on the motor. Replaced the trim seals. That's just normal wear and tear. For some reason I've been bittin by the new boat bug. I keep asking myself how much life can I get out of my boat?? Its nearing 20yrs old. 55k+ is a big factor. probable more if I rig it the way I want. Even 2010 and up are 30k+. If I want something similar to mine.

This year on the list if I dont buy a new one or newer used, is New trailer brake actuator and hardware, new tires and maybe the new Ultrex. The biggest reason im still in my boat is I know its solid, Paid off and will do everything a 2019 will do.

Wanted to add. Would I buy my boat again right now in 2019?? I would If I knew it had been babied like I have mine. Id say go for it. Do your homework like your doing now.

5. Member

6. Member
    Mine is a 98, bought new, solid as the day I bought it, been flawless. Thats my experience, good luck

Boat is only as good as you treat it.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

8. Member
    Thank y’all for the info. I’ve always been a Skeeter fan. Right now I have a 2009 Tahoe which is better than the bank! But I need something more towards fishing. Guess in my head it’s hard to go back 10 years. But your input really helps thank you.