Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm?
    Great scope, I have one in 40mm and 50mm.

No need to worry about the Remington Recall. Put in a Timney trigger and go hunt. It is a better trigger anyways. They are not expensive and very easy to install yourself.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    No need to worry about the Remington Recall. Put in a Timney trigger and go hunt. It is a better trigger anyways. They are not expensive and very easy to install yourself.
    I think I will do that. My Uncle sent me a picture of the date code on the barrel. CO so from my research it was made April 1994.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I think I will do that. My Uncle sent me a picture of the date code on the barrel. CO so from my research it was made April 1994.
    I've got a model 700 from 1993. I'd concentrate on the scope first. OEM trigger isn't match quality but no creep and breaks clean. Never had a problem. The bolt did seize on me once though because I never took it apart and cleaned it in the first 5-6 years. Operator error.

7mm-08, 115-120 gr. for yotes and ground hogs. 140gr Nosler BT for deer, maybe a little different construction for hogs. 2-1/4" high zero at 100yrds. +- 3" out to 300 or so with out making calculations.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I've got a model 700 from 1993. I'd concentrate on the scope first. OEM trigger isn't match quality but no creep and breaks clean. Never had a problem. The bolt did seize on me once though because I never took it apart and cleaned it in the first 5-6 years. Operator error.
    Yea I'm thinking scope first then possibly trigger as I don't think my gun has the issue of self firing but I may do a trigger later for piece of mind.

7. Member
    I have a tikka t3 lite in stainless in 243 with a 3x9 leupold and it’s the most accurate rifle I’ve had. Dropped a 8 point a few years ago at 343yards. It’s got a super nice trigger from factory.

8. Member
    I am partial to the Browning A-bolts to X-bolts. adjustable triggers and box magazine and all shoot less 1 moa. have a 270 stainless stalker, 7 rem mag A-bolt Medallion, 300 Win mag SS and a 338 Win mag in a BAR RMEF banquet rifle nib. don't know if that last one is a shooter, never shot it. my 7mag is my best shooter but 9 out of 10 times I hunt with my 270. 3 of the A-bolts all have 3.5x10x50mm. 257 Wthby mag has 4.5x14x44 Zeiss, like others have said ammo is expensive but my son reloads so it is not to bad. I have an older Mississippi wound a matic, aka 742 in 30.06, shoots good but bad trigger and mag rattles but no problems out failing to load. my vote is for 270 for all around.

9. Banned
    I have a super nice Steyr in 30/06.....for what you describe a newfangled 6.5 creedmoor in the Steyr would be great...they have an Accuracy guarantee that’s hard to beat! Then put a nice Swarovski or Zeiss (I have a Zeiss) and it will be a onetime rifle

10. Member
    I really like the weatherby vanguard s2’s. i own 7 of them in various calibers. THey are around $550 retail. THey are accurate as they come and have a very nice griptonite stock with a raised cheek plate. For all around cartridges, I really like the 25-06. YOu can put a big enough bullet to hunt deer, but put a small enough cartridge for coyotes too. It’s a good long range cartridge. I do like the new 6.5 creedmoor too. But you can usually fine. 25-06 ammo easier. Cost is about the same. I use Burris optics on all mine. Everyone likes something a little different. I just like Burris because of their warranty and affordability. The droptines and full field E1’s are really nice scopes for the money.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    I do like the new 6.5 creedmoor too. But you can usually fine. 25-06 ammo easier. Cost is about the same.
    That won't be the case for long now that the military has adopted the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's the new .308

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    243 for your listed game list.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    this

Browning Hell’s Canyon Speed in .300 Win. Mag. I don’t think there’s a better production rifle made.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Browning Hell’s Canyon Speed in .300 Win. Mag. I don’t think there’s a better production rifle made.
    Both my son and I have an X bolt Hunter in Calibers .243 & .270. Next year he will graduate High School, I'm thinking about buying him the Hells Canyon Speed for his graduation gift, either in .270 or .30-06. I really like the Cerecote finish on all the metal parts.

And I really like the flush fit Polymer magazines for these rifles, much better feature than the swing down style magazine found on many rifles.

I have the browning x-bolt western hunter in 6.5 creedmoor. It is one fine rifle, Just changed the glass to a Sightron S-tac 4x20x50. Going to try some 800 yd shots at a buddy of mines range. Never shot that far, be neat to ring steel at that distance. I've been warned that it is addictive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123