Thread: Too many hours?

Too many hours?

Hello all. I'm looking at a used Ranger with 300 Pro Fourstroke Verado. It's what I'm looking for and in my price range. However, I'm worried about the hours. It has 454 hours right now. Has anyone had experience with verados as they rack up the hours? Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Not uncommon to hear of Verado models well into the thousands of hours of operation (as in 4000+). Good idea to have it checked out, and provide the serial number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

450 is just broken in. Verados in freshwater essentially last forever! I wouldn't hesitate

4. Banned
    Just had a 37’ Freeman leave our shop with 1700 hours on a quad set of 400Rs. We maintain several commercial operations that have reached over 5000 hours.

The most I’ve ever seen on a Verado were several charter/ferry operations with over 15k hours.

5. Member
    I have less than 20 hrs on my Verado. Guess I’m safe for now. I have heard they are known for there longevity. One of the reason I went with it even though I don’t put many hours on it. 454 hrs is nothing. Jump on it!!