2002 Skeeter ZX225 set up????

Hey guys needing some expert advice on set up for my rig. I have Yamaha sho that has been flashed to 300 I recently installed a mercury fat shaft to get away from the "deteriorating " thrust washer Yamaha props run. I have had 2 gear cases replaced under warranty for this issue so now that I am out of warranty I elected to go with the fat shaft. Now my issue is finding a prop that I can run to achieve the same performance I was getting with the sho prop. I was running a 26 sho prop at 1.50" below pad at 6100 rpm's and was getting tournament loaded 75 mph. I have tried a couple of props and achieved the best speed out of a scorpion 25 pitch. My issue is the boat gets stupid and I have to get out of it before achieving max speed. I lowered the JP to 2" below pad and still same results. I have 12" Slidemaster manual JP. Before I start changing props and JP height I was wondering what you guys thought I should try, Prop to pad setting and best prop for this setup. Thanks in advance for commenting

2. Pat Goff
    Why don't you get your original prop re-hubbed?
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Because it is a Yamaha pressed in hub and the Mercury fat shaft is a drop in hub. I've even checked into having the Mercury hub installed in to the Yamaha prop but it consist of a lot of machine work & $$$$$.

4. Pat Goff
    Get hold of Josh at Steves prop at lake fork. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    I will do that sir. Thanks for the input. I hope your correct

6. Member
    I run a 27 tempest on my sho 250 and it performs very nice . Running it on a basscat puma loaded heavy tournament day 5930 5940 empty 6000 plus . You can run a tempest on your prop shaft that you have now with a mercury hub kit for a fat shaft . Mine runs best at 1.5 to 1.75 also . But when the boat gets squirrelly thats not set up or wrong prop that’s drivers fault . Best thing to do is go somewhere in the middle of the week when there is a slight chop on the water like 6 to 8” . Run 90 dg perpendicular To the wave direction. Silk water takes a little more skill to keep it balanced . Your not driving a boat at those speeds your keeping it balanced like riding a bike down a chat hill . You either keep it balanced or eat the chat . The sho has rubber motor mounts so your fighting motor torque. Constant left pressure is needed on the wheel . A couple of thing you need to do when learning to keeping the boat balanced from chine walking . 1 bump the trim up a little at a time let the motor rap out at that setting then bump it up again and keep repeating this in till your maxed out . The second little trick for new learners is take your left leg and spread out intill your left foot is flat on the center of the keel line and right foot on the pedal . This will help you keep balanced its like walking an elevated beam or log off the ground with your arms out . As time goes on you won’t need to do all that . O ya Plug all the holes on the tempest .

7. Member
    Yes we have other guys running that prop and I need to get one to try for sure. I'm sure there is probably some driver error for sure but with the sho prop it never acted like this. I did have to put slight pressure on the wheel to the left and then to the right to keep the nose from wobbling. This prop just acts a lot different than the sho. It feels like its got a ton more bow lift than the sho for sure. Thanks for the comments you guys are awesome