Banned

Trailering Down GW Parkway to Gravely Point Launch

This is an unusual question but I like trailering down the GW parkway to the Gravely Point launch ramp. Last fall (2018) the Parkway was in such horrible shape (pot holes..etc) I know they have been doing a major construction project that will continue at least another year but can anyone tell me the current condition of this roadway? I don't want to damage my trailer or pop a tire. i can always go around the beltway to Rt 1 and come north but Parkway is the most convenient and less miles to travel to the ramp.

2. Member
    I went down the G.W. to Belle Haven this past weekend and it was still in rough shape. I'm coming from the Lorton area. Had to constantly change lanes to avoid pot holes... Good luck!

3. Member
    i came on at spout run and went down and turned around in the airport this weeked. was fine the entire way. cannot speak between beltway down to spout run though. assuming you are coming from legion bridge.

4. Banned
    I normally come from the Legion Bridge down the parkway. Last fall I thought I popped a trailer tire hitting one of those mega potholes. At least now I know that things have not improved since last fall. Thanks for the intel gents. I shall avoid the GW parkway at all costs.