Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have seen others work. Some will look for the biggest hammer they see around to "BEAT" on something. Many don't have a feel for what it takes. Your approach sounds reasonable but nowhere on this thread was rubber mallet ever mentioned. I would suspect the mallet might be too gentle but a place to start. Bob

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I have seen others work. Some will look for the biggest hammer they see around to "BEAT" on something. Many don't have a feel for what it takes. Your approach sounds reasonable but nowhere on this thread was rubber mallet ever mentioned. I would suspect the mallet might be too gentle but a place to start. Bob
    True, a rubber mallet has too much "give" to move the prop if it is as some I've seen. I use a ballpeen (I think 11oz) and hit the prop where the blades connect to the hub, always hitting from front to back. If it takes this much force to move the prop, the prop is probably no good any way so if it damages it no big deal.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12