250 Pro XS 4 Stroke Trim

So 2nd time out in the new boat today. I noticed that if I am running and bump the trim down, just bump it will slowly trim all the way down to 0.0 on the Smartcraft. It does 1/10 every couple of seconds till 0. If I bump up the trim while it’s doing it, it trims up a little and it stops and doesn’t move anymore. Does this ring a bell to anyone? New feature? No leaks visible. Fished 2 hours on the troller today and it was in the same position when I fired the engine up as when I shut it off.

sn 2b586555
    Last edited by SP1973; 03-11-2019 at 09:45 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Might want to set the trim angle about 1" off a bucket, let it sit overnight, and see if it leaks down. May be as simple as a poorly seated manual relief valve.

This is assuming that you meant "not only does the number slowly creep down until it reaches 0.0, the engine is dropping down to the full-down position).

Also, running trim down and STALLING it in the full down position for 4 seconds (one thousand one, one thous.....) may also help. ONE time.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor