Help running wire

I am trying to run an Ethernet cable from the bow to the console to link my Garmins on my X19. The picture below was taken from inside my driver's side storage box. The wires are run through that channel. The red arrow is pointing toward the console. I have run a fishtape every which way and can't find a hole to route the cable through. Anybody else run into this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Xpress X19 Tournament Series Dual Console
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

You can tie a string onto the bow panel wires, pull them back to the console then pull them all back together. Remember to pull an extra string back with it for next time.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    You can tie a string onto the bow panel wires, pull them back to the console then pull them all back together. Remember to pull an extra string back with it for next time.
    I started to do that but it's a bunch of wires with a plug. Not single wires. I didn't want to risk getting the plug stuck somewhere and having more problems. I might end up cutting one wire loose and pulling it back through with a string.
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

you can pull the wires out of the plugs with a small pick or screwdriver. problem is most times theyre all tied together most times with cable ties about 100 times thru there. you may be able to run a fish tape in the same hole under the console and see if you can get it to run on top of the wire bundle and catch it at the front. it sucks that they dont have a pipe running up there like most boats do.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    you can pull the wires out of the plugs with a small pick or screwdriver. problem is most times theyre all tied together most times with cable ties about 100 times thru there.
    Great point. I hadn't thought about it but they do love wire ties. I'm going to get my buddy to help and work with the fish tape some more I guess.
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

You can try a different style fish tape sometimes. Flat steel, round steel, fiberglass, el cheapo- they all work and run different

If I remember right, when I ran new wiring to the front on my 2006 X19 the hole and channel are not lined up perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    If I remember right, when I ran new wiring to the front on my 2006 X19 the hole and channel are not lined up perfect.
    That's what I'm thinking. I just can't seem to hit the hole from either direction!
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

Easier way to access. If you have the metal box like whats under my locator take out the screws around the base and remove it. Then remove the side that the capacity plate is attached too. If you still can't get it, move the console and remove the top of side plate. Console is just screwed in the floor and the side. Before you remove the screws take some pictures and I measured the distance from front deck to center screw heads for the console. Made it easier finding the same holes.
    Restore 16.png

Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    Easier way to access. If you have the metal box like whats under my locator take out the screws around the base and remove it. Then remove the side that the capacity plate is attached too. If you still can't get it, move the console and remove the top of side plate. Console is just screwed in the floor and the side. Before you remove the screws take some pictures and I measured the distance from front deck to center screw heads for the console. Made it easier finding the same holes.
    Restore 16.png
    Mine is exactly like that. I already have the box your graph is on removed. The hole under there is where I want to run the cable. I have not removed any other panels. I hated to do that and have screws start backing out or something. It might be unavoidable though. Thanks for the help and taking time to respond.
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

11. Member
    I just got done running a power wire for my solix from the back to the front. The holes do not line up. there is what feels like a 90 degree bend in there (I have no idea why). Its a really poor design. I had to take the plate where my forward/neutral throttle control is off and run my hand in there and feel for the fish tape. It was a giant PITA. Whoever at Xpress designed that needs to pull some wires for a day. I bet they would figure out a better way
    Last edited by winghunting; 03-13-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by winghunting View Post
    I just got done running a power wire for my solix from the back to the front. The holes do not line up. there is what feels like a 90 degree bend in there (I have no idea why). Its a really poor design. I had to take the plate where my forward/neutral throttle control is off and run my hand in there and feel for the fish tap. It was a giant PITA. Whoever at Xpress designed that needs to pull some wires for a day. I bet they would figure out a better way
    Thanks for taking time to respond. I thought that hole had to be off and obviously it is. Apparently I'm not missing something simple. It's just a PITA. I didn't want to start taking stuff apart, but it looks unavoidable. Thanks again.
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

If it helps, I had mine apart over two years ago now and all my screws are still tight.

14. Member
    I’ve taken those panels apart several times as well. No problems at all. The square channel butts up to a 1/2” round hole. Would be pretty tough to hit with a fishtape. I initially tried pulling a string with the wiring as well, but the wiring in these boats is a nightmare behind those panels. All twisted and tangled up.