Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Yikes that is a mess my man. If that is an inherent problem for the aluminum line then that’s a real issue. Throwing a screw in your carpet to secure your deck, that to me doesn’t sound acceptable. Now that’s #gamechanging

Really Hope it all works out for you buddy, hate to see that. Thought it was a little flex but that’s ridiculous.

I'm pro Vexus serious as I plan to buy their boat in August but ain't buying one till this is resolved. No hammers, no screws. Ericm's, comments from a engineering position make sense to me.

You spend hard earned dollars you better have it right. I"m sorry but if that is the solution that's disappointing at best. Do people sign early adopter clause contracts when you give them 30-40k dollars to buy boats? I don't think so. Poor answer from top Vexxus management. They need to fix it right. Take it to a dealer and if they have to tear it apart then do it!

Back to square one. Starting over and Vexxus hope you resolve this issue. Is this a problem on Ranger and Triton tin boats? I'll need to poke around there to consider them as my next option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Wow! That gives quite a lot. It doesn't seem like there's a brace under there to put a screw in. They definitely need to make a design change to correct that on future boats coming off the assembly line. That would drive me crazy!

3. Member
    I built aluminum airboats and other aluminum rigs for years.. The right way to fix that is not a goofy screw and mallet... It is a build flaw at vexus... The deck needs the carpet removed drill 1/2" holes through the aluminum deck sheeting directly over the under neath support braces and then plug weld the sheet to the brace. Again this probably can be done even now, although it will take being mindful of what your doing, but this is what needs to be done at factory when they put the decks on these things....

4. Banned
    Could he remove the TM pan and drill into the cross brace and then pump it full of maximum expansion foam?

5. Member
    I asked if I should fill it with anything and he said no.

6. Member
    Also, another owner sent me a pm and has the same issue with the rod locker compression latch hitting the bubble trim and tearing it up. Hopefully they use this feedback to improve.

7. Member
    PM sent

8. Member
    Yeah I was considering Vexus as well but not till that is fixed. No way am I spending 40k on an aluminum boat that does that. A screw and mallet that's ridiculous. Sorry you are going through this. Is this an issue in other brands?

9. Member
    My alumacraft pro175 was solid which was why this issue is surprising to me. I’ll keep updating as I’m finding this is informing quite a few people who have reached out to me. Just trying to help both buyer and Vexus as I’m rooting for them. It’s important that in these early days they listen to the feedback from real users. I’m supposed to get an instruction video from Keith tomorrow on how to fix it. I’ll try to video the fix and share the results.

10. Member
    Sorry to hear about your issue. My previous boat was an aluminum Triton, I didn’t have that issue at all. I was considering a Vexus last fall but decided to keep my glass boat. Glad I did as that would drive me nuts too. Hope they get it fixed right for you.

11. Member
    Wow not a good response from the owners of vexus I will stick with triton for my next purchase

12. Member
    Hi SJ88 - Thank you for sharing. Am curious was the bulge always there or is it something that showed up later?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james_az View Post
    Hi SJ88 - Thank you for sharing. Am curious was the bulge always there or is it something that showed up later?
    It was always there. I noticed it the first time I took it out.

14. Member
    So I don't like what it's doing and think it should be fixed, but I don't know that the two people here freaking out giving you opposite answers about how to fix it are really my favorite either. Drilling holes and plug welding isn't fixing the problem that they pinched the aluminum so that you have more than you need between attachment points and so it doesn't sit on the brace until you place weight on it. I have a suspicion that a handful of these boats have this problem and that the real problem is not having the deck set quite right when screwing down the pedestal seat and recessed tray. It may also be that those pieces don't fit quite right once in a while because of movement when welding. It's possible that they would rip the whole deck off and put down a new one and when the seat pedestal and tray go it they either get it right if the shape is slightly off and you have the same problem. The screw and mallet may actually work. You could accidentally crease the material as the one gentleman suggested but aluminum is pretty malleable and you might be able to actually work it back down some. It wouldn't look like a fresh airplane panel underneath the under carpet but, it might actually provide a permanent fairly smooth repair. However instead of suggesting the customer take care of it they probably should have just said drop it off at a local dealer. If the tray is the problem I also wonder if removing and reinstalling the tray and adjusting the position of the screws could help.

As for the comment about 55k dollar cars, you'd be shocked at some of the stuff they occasionally do when tolerances don't stack up right.
    Also check out panel gaps on a pickup bed sometimes. The bedsides usually look okay but the internal panels suck .

Quote Originally Posted by sj88 View Post
    Here’s a video to the problem in case you’re curious.

Wow that's not good. I wouldn't be happy with that at all.
    Who wants a screw in the middle of their deck ?
    It should at least go under the carpet.
    That's a pretty good oil can , just a scew may pull out in a couple years.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

16. Member
    Thanks for the vid. Mine doesn’t do that. They will fix that I’m sure.
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

Vexus as with any other manufacture is going to have issues. There isn't a manufacture out there that doesn't. Why do you think every manufacturer globally has a warranty department. The key to being a good company and supporting the owners is being responsive. You have the president of the company and several other Sr leaders calling the owners to discuss the issues. If that alone does not speak volumes for Vexus wanting to show that they will back up everything the say, what will? I have had a couple minor issues that to me did not meet my expectations and every time I reached out to Vexus and/or my dealer, I got multiple responses and follow-up. If anyone was thinking that a new product launch would be 100% defect free on every single product, you will be inherently disappointed. As it is manufacturing, some people elements and some automation, defects will happen. Trust me, I can go to a very top of the line sports car/truck etc and find flaws, anyone can. I agree, there are things that Vexus needs to address, which I have full faith that they will. Even with those minor issues, I have zero regrets with my purchase and fully plan on stepping up to a 2080 next spring. On a side note, cost doesn't dictate quality. Defining "expensive" is a personal opinion. The price point of these boats fit perfectly into my budget. While others will say it is too expensive. In my opinion the quality of boat that I got was worth every penny I spent, zero regrets. I laugh every time I see someone say "for the price of these boats, I would expect better than this and that"? They are honestly not far off +/- from other top boat manufactures. 15 years ago I may have said that their price point was outside my budget, I wouldn't have said they are wildly over priced but rather too expensive for ME.

If these are the only issues owners are having, I would say the overall product launch was successful thus far. Great Job so far Vexus. Having owned a new Tracker and tin Ranger, I can say they knocked these boats out of the park.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Vexxus should not get a pass on this one. The glaring red flag was their response. I can agree there will be issues with all boat new and established but it's how you take care of them that's the critical mass for current and future potential buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Vexus as with any other manufacture is going to have issues. There isn't a manufacture out there that doesn't. Why do you think every manufacturer globally has a warranty department. The key to being a good company and supporting the owners is being responsive. You have the president of the company and several other Sr leaders calling the owners to discuss the issues. If that alone does not speak volumes for Vexus wanting to show that they will back up everything the say, what will? I have had a couple minor issues that to me did not meet my expectations and every time I reached out to Vexus and/or my dealer, I got multiple responses and follow-up. If anyone was thinking that a new product launch would be 100% defect free on every single product, you will be inherently disappointed. As it is manufacturing, some people elements and some automation, defects will happen. Trust me, I can go to a very top of the line sports car/truck etc and find flaws, anyone can. I agree, there are things that Vexus needs to address, which I have full faith that they will. Even with those minor issues, I have zero regrets with my purchase and fully plan on stepping up to a 2080 next spring. On a side note, cost doesn't dictate quality. Defining "expensive" is a personal opinion. The price point of these boats fit perfectly into my budget. While others will say it is too expensive. In my opinion the quality of boat that I got was worth every penny I spent, zero regrets. I laugh every time I see someone say "for the price of these boats, I would expect better than this and that"? They are honestly not far off +/- from other top boat manufactures. 15 years ago I may have said that their price point was outside my budget, I wouldn't have said they are wildly over priced but rather too expensive for ME.

If these are the only issues owners are having, I would say the overall product launch was successful thus far. Great Job so far Vexus. Having owned a new Tracker and tin Ranger, I can say they knocked these boats out of the park.

19. Member
    Seems to me the sensible thing to do would be let the dealer take care of it, its his and Vexus responsibility. Why mess with something on your own when I assume is still under warranty. Would you attempt to fix your vehicle if was still warranted? If your not satisfied with dealer fix go to next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshoalscat View Post
    Seems to me the sensible thing to do would be let the dealer take care of it, its his and Vexus responsibility. Why mess with something on your own when I assume is still under warranty. Would you attempt to fix your vehicle if was still warranted? If your not satisfied with dealer fix go to next level.
    Totally agree. Customer service should be number one priority for luxury or recreational items.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast