Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sj88 View Post
    No, the Vexus guy hasn’t replied to my email asking how it’s to be fixed. I sent a follow up email yesterday. I still haven’t whacked it with a rubber mallet yet, I’m waiting on a reply from Vexus first.
    They’re busy at the shop removing handrails from their new line up.

2. Member
    My 1980 has the flexible bulge directly behind the recessed foot control pan. It flexes but doesn't make a noise.

3. Member
    Seems like quite a few people are having this same problem. I hope I can get an answer soon. I’ll definitely share it when I get an answer. The only one comes from another owner who said whacking it with a rubber mallet fixed the problem. I haven’t tried it yet.

They all recovering from being at the “Classic?”
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

5. Member
    So here's the answer from Vexus:

"Sometimes with temperature change you get this. The dealer usually just has to hit that spot with a mallet a couple times and it takes the pop out of it. Worst case they put a #10 Flat screw in the floor where you cannot see it. Easy fix."

So, I'm gonna give it a whack and see if that fixes it. I hope this helps others with the same problem. Thanks to Vexus for the open communication and for a great boat. I love my 1980 and it's a great boat. I would recommend anyone to get one if you're considering. Just like any new car or boat, you'll have issues but Vexus has been great to deal with, quick to respond and I hope lots more people check them out!

6. Member
    Vexus is bringing back...”It’s Hammer time! U can’t touch this”...Seriously though glad you got an answer. It will help others who notice this on their AVX boats.

7. Banned
    They should include a big mallet in their revolution care packages with every boat.

So here's the answer from Vexus:

"Sometimes with temperature change you get this. The dealer usually just has to hit that spot with a mallet a couple times and it takes the pop out of it. Worst case they put a #10 Flat screw in the floor where you cannot see it. Easy fix."

So, I'm gonna give it a whack and see if that fixes it. I hope this helps others with the same problem. Thanks to Vexus for the open communication and for a great boat. I love my 1980 and it's a great boat. I would recommend anyone to get one if you're considering. Just like any new car or boat, you'll have issues but Vexus has been great to deal with, quick to respond and I hope lots more people check them out!
    Best to secure it with a screw or rivet if it does pop it back down or it will happen again. Problem is, unless you know where the frame is that screw or rivet will do nothing.

At the very least may need to pull the recessed pedal to see where the frame is so you can secure the deck to the frame.

9. Member
    It does seem like a flaw that quite a few people have experienced. I’ve got several PMs from people with the same issue. Maybe they should have screwed it down in the first place.

It does seem like a flaw that quite a few people have experienced. I’ve got several PMs from people with the same issue. Maybe they should have screwed it down in the first place.
    It’s an issue with aluminum, my xpress did the same thing. Putting a screw in it will eventually lead to the need to put a bigger screw in it. Rivets fo the same thing, the mallet just pops the sheet the other direction so it has tension on whats below it.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

If it is secured in enough places this will not happen.

Guess wood does have it's advantages

12. Member
    Here in lies the issue with buying a boat as soon as it's released. They will surely work out the kinks as they move forward.

"Sometimes with temperature change you get this..."
    And that's one reason aircraft builders fasten panels down like this...

14. Member
    So i whacked it pretty good and it seemed to improve a little but still isn’t fixed. I don’t want screws put in right there so it seems like I’m gonna have to live with it. Maybe when the weather warms it’ll get better but not likely. I love the boat but really hate this. Who wants to walk on a deck that pops every time you step on it?! Super bummed.

15. Member
    Wonder if you can open center rod locker, take out the section of tubes (screws?), slide an inflatable wedge ($10) past the seat tube, inflate it as tight as it will go or until no movement or popping, leave it in place. Probably too much closed cell foam in the way, but maybe not. If foam is in way, maybe a machete could be slid over the foam as close to metal as possible. Then press down on machete to compress foam enough to slide inflatable wedge in place. OK, probably won’t work, but that’s how I visualized going after it if hitting it hard with a hammer didn’t work.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 03-21-2019 at 07:19 AM.

That would drive me crazy. Especially after spending big $$$ on a boat.

When I did the floor on my 2006 Grizzly I used SS rivets every three inches. Thank god for air riveters. No pops.

Don't know what thickness aluminum Vexus uses on their floors and decks but they might need to go a bit thicker.

Yea, this is disappointing to read as I'm considering Vexxu as I re-enter the bass boat market.

18. Member
    I think I would just remove the foot pedal tray, locate the support brace and put a couple of sheet metal screws in it. The screw heads will bury in the carpet and won't be noticeable. Otherwise you'll always be dealing with this issue.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

19. Member
    Ahh man that blows.

20. Member
    It's popping in multiple places. Super annoying. Makes me not want to stand in that area cause it pops. I think I’ll be taking it back to the dealer to see if they can fix it. I wish Vexus would have a solution other than telling me to just put screws in it. It’s a design flaw for sure.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast