Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I do have my DD214 but don't have any medical records from leaving the service. I am not registered with the VA. Thanks for the information.

2015 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 Pro-XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex MSI I-pilot link
    Humminbird 9 Mega SI at Console and Bow

If you have anything from the time you were in service it will help the VSO get the process of making a claim started. For example, DD214 says you were a 13B Artilleryman. Drawing a line from type of service and probable connection to tinnitus isn't that difficult. Tinnitus is probably one of the easiest claims to get approved and is compensable at 10%, which equates to about $140.00 a month. Let's say your DD214 says you got out after 6 years and you were an E5/E6. You did time as a basic crewman lifting and moving boxes of shells, moving guns, etc. You could also make the claim that you are suffering from a bac condition. Again, you want to be able to draw a line showing service connection. I'm not going to lie to you, it will be a somewhat uphill fight, because so much time has elapsed. The sooner you get the process stated though the sooner you could receive compensation. I also recommend you go to your local VA and get registered. All you need is your D214.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Hey lstindoor, I just now read you got 100%. Great news.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12