Thread: Griddle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Griddle

Whos got a Blackstone or similar?
    looking at getting one. Is there a big difference between brands?
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. Member
    Love my Blackstone. I have the 28" and wish I would have got the 36". I use it all the time for everything from breakfast to dinner.

3. Member
    Do you already have a gas grill. If so get a griddle top so you dont have to buy another grill and tank etc.

4. Member
    I love my 17" Blackstone griddle. I wish they offered the 22" model when I purchased mine. Just 2 of us so I don't need the larger models. Best breakfast I have ever cooked. Lots of youtube recipes online.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Member
    I bought a 36" Blackstone last summer. I love it. It makes a great burger! Also good for breakfast and I like making fajitas on it too.

Yes, I have a 36" Blackstone and I love I so much I purchased a 17" for my RV.

anyone use anything other than blackstone

is blackstone a must or are other brands equivalent? ie. outdoor gourmet from academy?
    Derek Chance

8. Member
    I have a four burner Camp Chef flattop and a 17" Blackstone in my camper. Both are good quality and I don't think you can go wrong with either. The Outdoor Gourmet four burner at academy looks like a Blackstone to me.

9. Member
    I have a couple black stone 36. One at home and one at the lake. I think I have every cooker on the planet except a camodo. They are way fun to cook on. You can cook all the diner griddle foods. As for black stone 36. It is portable. Shelves slide out and legs fold up. We use them at tailgates and they are a crowd pleaser. Their covers are inexpensive and high quality. You can even get a bag for just the griddle top when traveling. Good luck. JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

10. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Picked up the Blackstone 36" stainless model on Black Friday. Once winter is finally over, will get a chance to use it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
    I have a couple black stone 36. One at home and one at the lake. I think I have every cooker on the planet except a camodo. They are way fun to cook on. You can cook all the diner griddle foods. As for black stone 36. It is portable. Shelves slide out and legs fold up. We use them at tailgates and they are a crowd pleaser. Their covers are inexpensive and high quality. You can even get a bag for just the griddle top when traveling. Good luck. JD
    I can't remember what I paid for the cover on Amazon but it was super cheap. It did leak, though. So I ordered a stainless steel cover from a guy on the big green egg forum. I haven't used the griddle in a few months because it's been out of gas, but I took the cover off yesterday just to see if the griddle was covered in rust. It was perfectly dry and still shining!

Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Picked up the Blackstone 36" stainless model on Black Friday. Once winter is finally over, will get a chance to use it.
    I love mine , use it a lot at the cabin , I moved mine to the back porch for winter . They are around $400.00 but its soooo worth the price .

Blackstone 36inch are actually about 250. Really like the looks of the blue Rhino brand at lowes. it is very solid.
    Derek Chance

Check Walmart the 36 Blackstone goes on sale for$189 often. Love mine. Cook on it most everyday
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I have the blackstone 36" and have had it a little over a year. I added an adjustable regulator to get higher temps, added the surround table and a top also. I usually cook on it on sundays, do lunch/supper and with the surface area, I do meals for lunches up through the week. Usually cook a lot of chicken / shrimp / blackened fish / chipotle ribeye tacos / and burgers. For sides, brown rice stir fried, and various veggies, such as mushrooms, squash, zucchini, etc.

If you do your own lunches, etc, these make it very easy and they are cheap. https://www.amazon.com/Containers-2-...09541950&psc=1

Well I compared in person the Blackstone 36" griddle, the outdoor gourmet from Academy, and the Blue Rhino Razor from Lowes. Went with the Razor. Out of all it seemed to be the best quality in material and build. It is a blast to cook on too!!
    Derek Chance

17. Member
    what psi regulator are you using

Quote Originally Posted by stosh View Post
    what psi regulator are you using
    No idea. Whatever it came with at Lowes.
    Derek Chance

19. Member
    I have a Blackstone Tailgater at our camp-- best of both worlds!!! Griddle on one side and grill on other & both changeable to other configurations if needed!! However-- I do have my eye on the new one out this year, I think it is called a range top, also has deep fryer.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonKathryn View Post
    I have a Blackstone Tailgater at our camp-- best of both worlds!!! Griddle on one side and grill on other & both changeable to other configurations if needed!! However-- I do have my eye on the new one out this year, I think it is called a range top, also has deep fryer.
    They are also working on one that is a griddle/pellet smoker combo
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast