Charger cycling while unplugged

New Delta Volt 4 bank charger. It is making a noise like it is cycling on and off while it is unplugged. Went out this morning and noticed the noise then narrowed it down to the charger. It s unplugged, power switch on dash is off, key is not in. It's almost like it is being back fed by the batteries or something. The boat is new so called the dealer and they said they will swap it out for me on Monday cause I am afraid it will drain the battery, .....weird

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Member
    This is NORMAL operation of this charger. I have a new Dual Pro 3 bank charger and mine does the same thing. I called them and they told me its designed to do that.

3. Member
    Yep. Also designed to be plugged in all the time. It doesn't go into a 13.2V float mode, it turns off and monitors the batteries then turns back on as needed.

4. Member
    I was just going to post about this issue. Just finished installing a new Dual Pro Professional series and was wondering the same thing. Saw this post and got my answer. Thanks BBC!

Thanks guys and ..yes..BBC is a great place! I also reached out and here is the response I got....just in case anyone else asks:

Good Afternoon Fraser,

That is completely normal on the newer chargers. There were some changes made in 2018 and a relay was added to look for ac power and that is clicking noise. The lights had some small changes also, they will now blink a green light about every 10 seconds and then all the lights flash every couple of minutes, this draws next to nothing from the batteries while its sitting and it will not run the batteries down. Hopefully this will help but let me know if any questions. Thanks have a good one.

Josh Dodson
    Pro Charging Systems
    1551 Heil Quaker Blvd.
    LaVergne, TN.37086

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

6. Member