Helix pics with HD transducer

Just installed a new HD SI transducer on my Helix unit, took it out for a spin on a local 190acre reservoir. Was hoping I might get a few bonus crappies to start the year but no luck with the fish.

I was happy with the ducer install, I didnt notice anything weird. It does seem sharper to me for sure. Hopefully my DI is actually useable now, I could not see anything in DI with the compact ducer.

Just posting for feedback, if you see fish, please, point them out to me!

This next 4 pics, I believe I see fish in. This was the best looking spot I found on my cruise around the reservoir. I put a little effort into fishing this area with 1/32 and 1/16 hair jigs but no bites.

I pushed through some ice to get to another spot I knew there was some downed tress/brush at. I think I can see small fish holding around the limbs?

2. Member
    No DI snapshots?

3. Member
    Just tried a tad having the DI screen up. I have not had any luck with DI on the old ducer. Returns were very dark and grainy no matter what the settings it seemed. I'm just so used to not using DI at all it will take some getting use to before it becomes useful to me I guess.

Turn off the side data boxes so you have the full screen width. Use the 2D/DI/SI view until you get used to finding fish with Imaging.

2D will show fish best since they are within the 2D pulses for a longer period of time.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Was this a gen 1 or 2 unit? I have a gen 1 I would upgrade the transducer if I could get these results! What is the best transducer for the Helix 12 SI gen 1? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammer38 View Post
    Was this a gen 1 or 2 unit? I have a gen 1 I would upgrade the transducer if I could get these results! What is the best transducer for the Helix 12 SI gen 1? Thanks
    The first generation Helix 12 SI unit comes with the XHS 9 HDSI 180 T. That is the top of the line SI transducer for all the SI units that don't have MEGA Imaging. That is the one that improves the Imaging for all SI unit that come with the Compact SI transducer.
    You can't get a better transducer for a first generation SI unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    FYI,

My pics are from a Helix 9 G1N