Thread: Motormate 4S?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    $250.00 for a motor-toter. That'll teach um.....
    It's NICE. Night and day diff in quality. Price of a new v8 merc what's 100-150 dollars more really? For something that's built specifically for it that doesn't have to be modified.

2. Member
    I'm using the DD26 motor mount. Over engineered and will out last 5 boats but that's a good thing.

3. Member
    im using the dd26 also..well built...the other brand started bending at the top with ease with in a week...

i dont promote much of anything but the dd26 is overbuilt for a reason!!

4. Member
    $250.00 for a motor-toter. That'll teach um.....
    I just spent 10's of thousands of dollars on a new boat/motor. I am not in the mood to ghetto rig something not made for my motor, I'll just spend my money with people that took the time to actually make a solution.

Do I want to spend $250? No! Will I spend $250 for something built right and protect my investment? - YES!!!

5. Member
    2017 150 Four Stroke
    Serial: 2B450621

Hey guys. Anybody know if this motormate mod will work the same way on the 150 four stroke? When I get home I'm going to measure the yoke spacing to verify the proper size (maybe somebody knows that too??). But before I commit to buying I want to get some feedback on whether it will work with my motor, if anybody knows.

6. Member
    Call Bunch Marine in Harriman, Tn. and they can inform you as to where to get one. A company just down the road from them is now designing and have those for the 4 strokes. I got one from there coming on a new boat I have ordered with a new Mercury 4 stroke.

7. Member
    Are they selling a device of their own design, or a modified version of Motormate? Do you know the name of the product? I have Bunch Marine's phone number looked up so I'll call them for sure and see if I can get some info. Thanks for the tip.

8. Member
    Okay. I just talked to Bunch Marine. They are selling the Tote Rite motor toter. There is a model specifically designed for the 150 Four Stroke and it looks pretty solid. At $140 plus $15 shipping I figure it's a good investment.

https://www.toterite.com/store/p2/To...Stroke_.html#/

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fivebyfive View Post
    Okay. I just talked to Bunch Marine. They are selling the Tote Rite motor toter. There is a model specifically designed for the 150 Four Stroke and it looks pretty solid. At $140 plus $15 shipping I figure it's a good investment.

https://www.toterite.com/store/p2/To...Stroke_.html#/
    I been known to forget to take my toter off before launching the boat, with this one it looks like if you forget and then raise the engine it is going to the bottom of lake.

10. Member
    I am glad you found it and more than happy to help.

11. Member
    Is anyone using the Motor Sticks for a motor support? Just curious to see how many people run these.

12. Member
    DD26 is the way to go. Just installed my new motor fits like a glove. Excellent workmanship. Also purchased the steering locks go together great. What's a little more Money after you spend all that on a motor. Highly recommend it!
    Last edited by gioshmio38; 07-11-2019 at 06:14 PM.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Call motormate order one for a 250 Opti Pro-Xs, then order replacement caps for an evinrude. It's what I did and works like a charm.

14. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyztoyz View Post
    Call motormate order one for a 250 Opti Pro-Xs, then order replacement caps for an evinrude. It's what I did and works like a charm.

Yep. That's the easy least expensive way.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gioshmio38 View Post
    DD26 is the way to go. Just installed my new motor fits like a glove. Excellent workmanship. Also purchased the steering locks go together great. What's a little more Money after you spend all that on a motor. Highly recommend it!
    DD26 does NOT appear to have one for the 150 four stroke. Tote-Rite does.

16. Member
    Well, just a quick update on the Tote-Rite. I acquired it a week or so ago and thus far I must say I like it quite a lot. I agree that you wouldn't want to forget to remove it before launching; it definitely would go to the bottom of the lake if you move the motor up. But aside from that, I have a very positive view thus far. It's extremely robust and when installed the motor is rock solid, especially when used with Gator Lock or some other steering locks. It's still too soon to give a full review but as time goes I'll circle back and give my longer term opinion.

17. Member
    Thank you for the update fivebyfive. That is comforting as I have one to be put on the new boat I have ordered with a Mercury Pro XS 175 HP motor.

Yep. That's the easy least expensive way.
    I need to replace my transom saver so I purchased the Motormate for the 250.
    which Evinrude caps will I need to order.
    The Etec G2 or the 2stroke caps?

thanks!
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Pro XS 250 4 Stroke
    112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance HDS 12 live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live
    12" Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra

19. mikesxpress
    Cliff which ever one has just the flat ends.
    I spoke to MotorMate at ICAST about the toter issue for the V8's and gave them a set of the Gatorlocks along with explaining what I did. They said they were still working on a solution but when I asked why they pulled down the website note that said that they were working on a V8 toter they curled up in a ball.

I've had mine for over a year and can't find a way to stabilize this V8 with a single point mounted toter without the Gatorlocks on the SeaStar and neither can they.

Cliff which ever one has just the flat ends.
    I spoke to MotorMate at ICAST about the toter issue for the V8's and gave them a set of the Gatorlocks along with explaining what I did. They said they were still working on a solution but when I asked why they pulled down the website note that said that they were working on a V8 toter they curled up in a ball.

I've had mine for over a year and can't find a way to stabilize this V8 with a single point mounted toter without the Gatorlocks on the SeaStar and neither can they.
    Thanks Mike. Do you need to use the steering lock as well?
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Pro XS 250 4 Stroke
    112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance HDS 12 live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live
    12" Atlas Hydraulic JP
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2017 Toyota Tundra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast