Thread: Motormate 4S?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Motormate 4S?

Is the motormate available for the new Mercury 4 stroke? If not how much longer should it be? Serial no 2B599180

2. Member
    I made one. Selling them starting next week, $99.00+S&H.
    image.jpg

3. Member
    looks treated. colors?

can you put my name on it and paint it to match my boat? Can you charge me 299.99 for it too?
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

6. Member
    There are 2 FAQ topics on this under Common Questions/Items.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    I contacted motormate today regarding this same question and they just replied saying they are "designing new products for new engines" and do not have any release dates at the moment. I assume they have something coming out but not sure when. I just hate to drop over $300 bones on the dd26 one with the steer clips. I'm sure it's a very well made nice product but that's a lot of coin when you compare pricing to the motormate products. Maybe I will see something at the classic this weekend.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WacoWildcat View Post
    I contacted motormate today regarding this same question and they just replied saying they are "designing new products for new engines" and do not have any release dates at the moment. I assume they have something coming out but not sure when. I just hate to drop over $300 bones on the dd26 one with the steer clips. I'm sure it's a very well made nice product but that's a lot of coin when you compare pricing to the motormate products. Maybe I will see something at the classic this weekend.
    Please let us know if you see anything at the classic. I’m interested in getting something too

9. mikesxpress
    Use your Opti Motormate and save a few $.

Based on my experience Motormate is going to have an impossible task of securing these V8 engines like they did with the Opti's. There is just no good way to utilize the existing format to hold the engine up and stabilize the side to side movement with one device. But being as many of us already have the Motormate I elected to utilize it with my mods and adding Gatorbak steering locks:

Remove the plastic inserts on the Motormate. It takes a vise/pipe wrench/etc to almost destroy them to get them out. The pipe end is 1" OD & 7/8" ID. I have temporarily installed plastic caps that fit while I wait for my order of black HD solid silicone metal furniture leg plugs. The Motormate now goes into the last hole back in on the engine bracket to get the same ground distance as with the Opti. The capped end fits snuggly on the rear engine support trapped inside on the flat as shown in the picture. It can't move up due to the weight applied and trim piston and can't drop down due to the width of that flat pocket I have the caps sitting in.
    I have now trailered with this setup for 20 hours of road time and it works fine. This also eliminates previous concerns about trim cylinder seal damages associated with the use of sticks/pipes as well as SeaStar seal damage associated with the use of hard plastic.

10. mikesxpress
    Received the hard press fit furniture caps. These appear to be the best ones to mod the Motormate for the 4 stroke as they fit snug in the tube and also fit in the engine bracket pocket perfectly.
    We shall see how long they last.

Feet Cap Glides to Fit 7/8 Hole Protect Floor 16 Black 601B
    https://ebay.us/dJrwdd

11. Member
    Good stuff, Mike! Thanks! Any issues with the motor mate slipping once pressure is applied? I wasn't sure on that. I was thinking maybe the DD26 ends compressed a bit which would help hold pressure to the motor. I plan on ordering the gatorbak locks ASAP. Thanks again!

12. mikesxpress
    Doesn't move a bit. Fits into the trim pad pocket so it can't go anywhere.

i used Mikes idea!!!, Certianly not here to bash the DD26!, sharp looking design!!!!!
    While they were installing my new V8, I modified my Opti motor mate per Mike. The owner/head Mecanic walked over and asked me if that was a new motormate design,,, I said no,, it's a Mikesexpress//Gene's modified design,, he grabbed it, put it on(we used the #1 hole), looked it over,, then said Dang!!, good enuf!!
    gene
    thanks Mike
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

14. mikesxpress
    Your welcome Gene! The mod saves us repower guys a few bucks and we get to use the MotorMate we used with the previous Opti.

Another alternative for folks that don't have an existing MotorMate is to call them and order the toter for the Optimax and ask that they replace the stock Mercury plastic bell type ends with the ones they use on the Evinrude toter. $113.00
    The ends are similar to my caps.
    https://motormateusa.com/product/evi...nson-2-stroke/

15. Member
    That is interesting! I may have to give that a try since I currently do not have a MotorMate!

16. Member
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

17. Member
    I have one too on mine , easy , and works great ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

18. Member
    Tried calling MotorMate to see if they would switch the end caps to the Evinrude ones and they will NOT do that. So I guess its buy the regular Mercury one and modify it yourself if you do not have it already.

19. Member
    My new 250 pro xs 4s is my first Mercury so don't have an old MotorMate to modify. Since MotorMate is being so difficult, I will probably buy the dd26 bracket before I give MotorMate any of my money!!!!

20. mikesxpress
    $250.00 for a motor-toter. That'll teach um.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast