On the trolling motor ....

Just had everything serviced. Took it out today for the first time this year and noticed it wasn't turning rpm. Finally, it just bogged down and cut off. Started looking and have a white foamy oil all over the jackplate....

What motor we talking about?

3. Member
    2015, SHO with approximately 35 hours. I just dropped ot off at the local Yamaha dealer where I was questioned. What's next?

4. Member
    You wait.

Go home and collect any receipts for service/maintenance. Compile a log of events if possible.
    I doubt you will need them but it's good to have available if needed.

Sounds like you have water in your oil. Happened to me at 132hrs. They ran some tests as per Yamaha recommendations then replaced my powerhead under warranty.

I was back on the water in a week.
    Hope your dealer can turn it around quickly for you.

5. Member
    My 2014 SHO was leaking crankcase oil sitting in the garage in storage for the winter. Took it to the dealer and they said some internal engine problem? Anyway Yamaha is sending a complete new powerhead under warranty! Sounds like that's the same road you will be going down.

6. Member
    Thanks for the input guys. The shop called today and said the head is cracked on the bottom. Yamaha is going to send a complete long block. The tech seemed puzzled at why the head cracked at the bottom. While I certainly appreciate the shops effort and Yamaha standing behind their product, I wish someone had a reason for the failure.