Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patdaddy5 View Post
    Update: Contacted humminbird and they are sending a new transducer for testing.
    I need to call them. What info did they ask you for and what did you tell them that got them to offer the transducer to test?
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

2. Member
    Told them the issue and what we tried to do to correct the issue and the lady said she was going to ship us a new transducer to test and if that fixes the problem we will ship the bad transducer back to them. She did ask for credit card info but it will only be charged if we do not send a transducer back within 2 weeks.

3. Member
    I have had no problem leaving the card # with them for purchase or exchange. I still think HB CS is the best in the field. Now I hope to say that about the updates soon!

4. Member
    I just got off the phone with HB tech support. They told me they think my problem (the exact same images as the OP patdaddy5's unit displayed) is interference from another unit. I explained to them that all my other solixs were powered off, and my ultrex was off as well. No difference in the image between the units being on or off. . Also, no difference with engine on or off. I sent them several screen shots, but they asked me to send them more images. before they will make a decision as to what to do.

This is very frustrating. I guess I'm due for a problem. My other two G1 solixs worked perfect right out of the box for the last 2 years. No issues what so ever.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

5. Member
    Update: Tested new transducer we recieved from humminbird. There was no improvement of the DI. Sending the unit back to humminbird this week.

6. Member
    At least it got diagnosed quick.

7. Member
    patdaddy,

Did you ever get your unit back from HB? If so, was your problem corrected? My G2 Solix 12 exhibited the exact same problems yours did. HB sent me a new transducer to fix it....., no improvement at all. I told them I need to send in the unit for repair or replacement. They said I had to wait for a "new update" they are about to release that is supposed to fix our issue. So now I've spent $3k+ dollars on a new unit that doesn't work, and am being told I have to wait for a new software update to fix the unit, but they can't say when that will be. I effectively have a $3k paper weight.

8. Member
    That stinks I have a Solix 12 G2 that should be here Thursday. I might not hook it up until they figure out what is going on if everybody is having that problem.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXZ21 View Post
    patdaddy,

Did you ever get your unit back from HB? If so, was your problem corrected? My G2 Solix 12 exhibited the exact same problems yours did. HB sent me a new transducer to fix it....., no improvement at all. I told them I need to send in the unit for repair or replacement. They said I had to wait for a "new update" they are about to release that is supposed to fix our issue. So now I've spent $3k+ dollars on a new unit that doesn't work, and am being told I have to wait for a new software update to fix the unit, but they can't say when that will be. I effectively have a $3k paper weight.
    Have been in contact w humminbird the last few weeks. Went out and took more pictures and sent them to humminbird. They are sending us another transducer again to mount and test.

10. Member
    Did they say why for another transducer? Did anything change with the first one? Hope your suffering ends soon. Let us know. Bob

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patdaddy5 View Post
    Have been in contact w humminbird the last few weeks. Went out and took more pictures and sent them to humminbird. They are sending us another transducer again to mount and test.
    I finally got an email back from HB Sat. 4/13 saying they are sending me a return shipping label to send my unit back to them, and that they had placed an order for a new replacement unit to be sent out to me. Hopefully the new unit, and the recently released software update with solve my image problem.

12. Member
    The problem has been solved. Humminbird shipped us a new unit last week and we tested it today with the original transducer. Down Imaging is flawless.

13. Member
    Good deal!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12