Thread: Wow I got lucky

Thumbs Up Wow I got lucky

Well For the longest time I always wondered how many hours was on my motor. When I bought the boat the gentleman said he didn’t use it very much. So I purchased a 2006 PT175TX in late 2015 or was it 2014. Well anyway I have just installed a VesselView. The motor has 169 hours on it. So I’m pretty stoked, because I know I put well over 100 hours on the motor since I’ve owned it. By guesstimation.
    9318AD7C-907C-4FDD-A0F9-C2E8D3F42F1C.jpeg 97F4F5D0-7DDD-4970-8DCF-7351DC885020.jpeg

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

2. Member
    I'm fixing to order a Vessel View Mobile. Seems like a great value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    I'm fixing to order a Vessel View Mobile. Seems like a great value.
    Yes it is. Got it for the special of $149. Regular shipping by UPS, took one week to get it. Total was I think 160 with tax and shipping.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Well For the longest time I always wondered how many hours was on my motor. When I bought the boat the gentleman said he didn’t use it very much. So I purchased a 2006 PT175TX in late 2015 or was it 2014. Well anyway I have just installed a VesselView. The motor has 169 hours on it. So I’m pretty stoked, because I know I put well over 100 hours on the motor since I’ve owned it. By guesstimation.
    9318AD7C-907C-4FDD-A0F9-C2E8D3F42F1C.jpeg 97F4F5D0-7DDD-4970-8DCF-7351DC885020.jpeg
    That's pretty cool GatorGlenn. So I understand correctly, is the Vessel view a cheaper alternative to a smartcraft system? Does the vessel view report on the same things that SC does?
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    That's pretty cool GatorGlenn. So I understand correctly, is the Vessel view a cheaper alternative to a smartcraft system? Does the vessel view report on the same things that SC does?
    Yes, but instead of having a gauge. It’s Bluetooth to your phone or tablet.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    I'm also on the edge of purchasing the mobile vessel view. In your first photo what do the 131's in green circles represent? I was wondering what info is really available on the 60hp through Vessel View or Mercmonitor.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro636 View Post
    I'm also on the edge of purchasing the mobile vessel view. In your first photo what do the 131's in green circles represent? I was wondering what info is really available on the 60hp through Vessel View or Mercmonitor.
    Thanks
    It is the remaining hours left, in a 300 hour maintenance schedule. That mercury goes by.
    Iam sorry, but to answer the rest of your question. Will have to wait until I can fire up the motor. Winter thing. But if I understand things correctly. You can see what ever the motor has sensors to read. Like water and oil temperatures. Low or low output on fluids. Anything that is out of speck. That would give you a alarm. It will show you the fault itself. Of course gps speeds (as long as the phone or tablet has that on it). And rpms. You can even adjust rpms for trolling. And it will give you fuel economy reading, and the best rpm for it. You can take a pic of a underwater hazard. Upload it. And anyone else using the app. Can pull up the public downloads for the lake they’re going to. And it will show the hazard that you downloaded. That’s just some of the things it does.

Now as to what the 60hp will tell you compare to a 250 pro X. I would say you could look that up though mercury web site. But for me it does everything I want and need it to show me. As a hobby fisherman.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

8. Member
    Thanks, I'll have to decide whether or not to pull the trigger. I'd need to add a usb outlet and mount for phone I guess, or just some velcro for phone to try it out.

9. Member
    I believe the mobile version is only 1 way communication, as such I don't think it gets Troll Control. I believe that would require Vessel View Link or Mercmonitor.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 03-15-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro636 View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to decide whether or not to pull the trigger. I'd need to add a usb outlet and mount for phone I guess, or just some velcro for phone to try it out.
    Its a great piece of tech which can provide a lot of insight direct from the engine, I highly recommend picking one up while they are on sale.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

11. Member
    Yes it is. Got it for the special of $149. Regular shipping by UPS, took one week to get it. Total was I think 160 with tax and shipping.
    Man, thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize it was that cheap. I saw the tac version and it was too expensive for me. Then saw the mobile version, and I remember first seeing it and it was like $500-600. The only thing I want from it is the hours on the motor. I was going to install a cheapy $20 hr meter. But after your comment, I searched and found a few on ebay brand new for that price. Figure for $150, it'll be worth it.

12. Member
    Also available direct from Mercury at the sale price
    Vesselviewmobile.com
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Also available direct from Mercury at the sale price
    Vesselviewmobile.com
    That’s where I got it. Mercury, and as far as I know. There the only one with this deal. Every where else is still doing the regular price around 275.00

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

14. Member
    Will that sync with Lowrance HDS live and carbon units or just mobile/tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by Raym6492 View Post
    Will that sync with Lowrance HDS live and carbon units or just mobile/tablet?
    My Carbon uints has Bluetooth capability. All though I haven’t put them back on the boat yet. I would say maybe. Since I can get texts though them. Just need to find out if the app can be downloaded to them. Iam still learning myself on all these units can do. So Iam curious now. Got to pull the manual out now.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

16. Member
    I’ll have to go fire up one of my units. I believe the live had something on it and the Carbon does now after the 18.3 update. Haven’t looked too deep into it right after I put the live on I got to go out and play with it a couple times and we froze over. First weekend of ice out and I was busy and couldn’t get out. I’m just curious it would be nice to know some of the info on the fly if it will link up.

17. Member
    Got this from Mercury customer service about what is visible on 2011 60 hp 4 stroke efi

Merc 60 hp.pngf.png

x available, n/a not available

18. Member
    Yes, but instead of having a gauge. It’s Bluetooth to your phone or tablet.
    Thank you sir.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

19. Member
    Did your vesselmobile come with some cheap looking manual?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Did your vesselmobile come with some cheap looking manual?
    Yes just the install manual. And a get started type, for quick setup. I found more info on utube really.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.