Early March N.E. Texas lake report

All
    I have been out for a few weeks only to find that a few more extreme cold fronts have turned the fish away from the shorelines for a while. I was able to get out yesterday for several hours and found several fish willing to hit the top water frog. I caught a few smaller ones on a Ribbit frog as well.

The white spinner bait is not getting a look from the bass. Due to the massive amounts of rain this spring the waters have been really dingy from the upper areas of the lakes down to mid-lake. Water temps have been in the upper 40's, and now have creeped into the 50's with our latest warm weather and wind. And some wind we are having. 15 to 25 for the past few days.

With this recent warm up we are going to start to see everything moving to the shallow water. In the predicted near future the fronts that are coming will be from the Pacific, not from the north. Hopefully we are done with the cold stuff.

I put together a short video of a few catches;

Https://youtu.be/Py2-xcPA6QU

Better Luck Next Time !!!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

Thanks for the report

3. Member
    I’ll pick up your slack Jeff.
    Bass on lakes I’m fishing have been slow for the majority unless you can find those small spots right outside of spawning areas where they are stacking up. Those area are in about 2 to 4 foot of water and have fish from 1 to 5 pounds. With the warming this past weekend those fish were in the 5 pound range. This will only get better as it continues to warm. I’ve talked to many of boats catching only 1 fish a day but that fish being over 5 pounds. These bigger fish are moving to the same areas as the 1 to 5 pounders. If you catch a fish close to a spawning area it’s a current guarantee that there are more. Smaller baits are the key for me.
    Last edited by tajchauvin; 03-12-2019 at 03:29 PM.

1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R