Thread: Google Dividend

Google Dividend

I normally won't buy a stock unless it pays a dividend (except for BrkB who uses the retained cash to grow). I am thinking about buying some Google on the expectation that it will some day mature like Apple and then start paying a dividend in the future. Even if it doesn't I need a little more tech exposure. Anyone think they will eventually need to pay a dividend?

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm not sure how I feel about a tech stock paying a dividend. Thats money not being spent on innovation. Makes me wonder if apple spent more on innovation and less on dividends and stock buy backs they might have introduced something really ground breaking by now.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Banned
    I bought fscsx this is a five star fund from fidelity have had it for 10 years it's split 10 to 1 a couple years back an covers all the top name tech picks. and it pays a ton on the gains once a year, check it out i'm over 130% on this my biggest investment.

4. Member
    I know the stock is down but I am watching the information on Stadia and I think this gaming thing they are unveiling will be huge. I bought 3 shares for my kids and will be adding to it. A gaming subscription that is online and server based for $10.00 per month with no console required? I think it will be big.

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I've spent a few minutes watching a couple youtube videos on Stadia from gamers. I'm not sure I understand what this service offers over other ways of playing a game.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I've spent a few minutes watching a couple youtube videos on Stadia from gamers. I'm not sure I understand what this service offers over other ways of playing a game.
    After watching the videos the big things appeared to be better gameplay with decreased latency and the ability to play on any TV, tablet or computer. I know my son would like the mobility part so he could play in his bedroom or on his computer when he goes out of town. It pretty much ends the need for a console and it sounds like everything is stored on the server so you don’t need to worry about running out of memory. The one big thing is it sounds like this platform will really need 5g for mobile play away from WiFi and will need fast internet speeds for the 4K features. It looked pretty exciting but it will probably take time to get people switching from PS4 and Xbox.