Thread: Tracker dealers

Tracker dealers

I went Into the tracker dealership In midland TX looking at a Z19 and because I live out of state they told me that there is 500$ delivery fee if I buy a boat. I was curious if this was a tracker/nitro requirement. The sales man/service looked at my boat went through the motorand said that everything looks good. Then they turned around and gave me a quote that was insulting. I asked if there was room to negotiate and he told me no he didn’t care if he sold a boat he would get the same paycheck. Is this every nitro dealership?
    Bodie Landes
    2019 Nitro Z20 250 Mercury Proxs4

Its every boat manufacturer. If your talking bout Dealer prep and freight. Some build it in the price other show it as a line item.

But not because you live out of state. There is some pain about selling a boat that will be titled out of state, not sure what it is, maybe that is what is happening here.

Trade ins, imagine most will be insulting. Your far better off selling it outright. you could sell it cheap and fast and do better then anyone's trade in value.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    They said that they had to deliver it to my house for tax reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Its every boat manufacturer. If your talking bout Dealer prep and freight. Some build it in the price other show it as a line item.

But not because you live out of state.

Trade ins, imagine most will be insulting. Your far better off selling it outright. you could sell it cheap and fast and do better then anyone's trade in value.
    Bodie Landes
    2019 Nitro Z20 250 Mercury Proxs4

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    he told me no he didn’t care if he sold a boat he would get the same paycheck. Is this every nitro dealership?
    The way it was explained to me, the salespeople get paid by the hour, and there is no real incentive to sell other than some type of points system they can redeem for Basspro merchandise. I have bought 3 boats from my local Tracker store and each time I dealt direct with the GM. She took excellent care of me, and has been there for me anytime I've needed anything after the sale. If I had been greeted by a salesperson and had been told what they told you, I would be in a different brand of boat.

e
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    They said that they had to deliver it to my house for tax reasons
    Has something to do with tax fraud & avoiding sales taxes.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Yeah all Tracker boat centers are non-commissioned.

Not sure why they have to deliver it to you but this is my story. There is a local tracker dealer in my area of Nj. The boat I wanted was in PA, they said they would go get it and sell it to me but there would be an addition 500 freight fee. After thinking about it i see where they where coming from. I would not drive5 hours total for free. Also trade in was lowest amount listed in KBB. They did not even want to look at the boat.

I sold my old boat and I found another one in Jersey and bought it there
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

8. Member
    I have personally been around the business for over 10 years trade values are always low. They want to minimize the risk that they incur also used boats are not floor planned for the Dealer which means it is there money on the line. Dealers can sit on these boats for months or even years depending on the boat and the market they play in. I know where I used live bass boats were always a mixed bag. I personally have sold all of my boats myself which has worked out well for me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbassin View Post
    I have personally been around the business for over 10 years trade values are always low. They want to minimize the risk that they incur also used boats are not floor planned for the Dealer which means it is there money on the line. Dealers can sit on these boats for months or even years depending on the boat and the market they play in. I know where I used live bass boats were always a mixed bag. I personally have sold all of my boats myself which has worked out well for me.
    I agree, private sale is the way to go. I am currently in the process of upgrading and I got over twice what local dealers were offering on trade by selling it on craigslist.