What color oznium bolt housing would you use?

Just wonder what color of housing for the oznium bolt would you use on my boat ? I plan to use a red light but should i use black, aluminum or stainless? Thanks for the help !!

20190308_111928.jpg

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    You're kinda mincing colors with product lines. If you want 3W lights, Oz has only one option: 11mm bright Stainless Steel. These are the only Stainless Steel bolts that Oz provides. They are fantastic; however, IMHO, much too bright for deck lighting without a dimmer unit in the system. The 1W lights are plenty bright and same quality, and are the ones I've decided are best for boat decks. These are Aluminum rather than Stainless Steel, and are available in three sizes -- although 11mm is probably what you're looking for. Two color options: bright Aluminum (silver) and black Aluminum.

For your install, I actually would prefer black over silver. These little lights are tiny and would blend in well on any color combo. For me, I like for them to be just slightly noticeable enough that a buddy looking closely might query, "Wow, what are these?" On the silver metalflake, black will blend in enough to be overlooked by 90% of people, but will pop to the discerning eye. Silver will completely disappear.

4. Member
    How far up off the carpet would you put them. Center of the top to the bottom or would you hold up a certain height off the carpet. Just curious what works best to highlight the edge of the boat and the carpet.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    I would go 6mm aluminum. I have the 11s and they are nice bit the 6 is smaller and will still be bright enough. The 11s in 1w still need a dimmer. I also got the lens on mine

7. Member
    Installed them on my 200 SuperPro Procraft a few years back, I have 2 on either side on the front deck, 1 at the sides at seats, and 1 on the back deck either side, no dimmer and you can ride with them at night with no interference to your eye site. The picture with 5 each side is overkill as are strip LED's on either side. For Show only, not for pratical fishing applications.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Heck yea it's for show. Bling bling

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    yep we fish a lot of night tournaments and I usually keep them dimmed even lower that that darkest pictures I just use them to out line the deck so I know where in standing,
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    How far apart do you normally put your bolts?

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    we usually go about 18" but 36" is fine, here is the same boat it has a white in between each blue on separate switches white is for early morning getting ready
    bud1.jpgbud2.jpgbud3.jpg
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    So will the 6mm bolts in red spaced 3’ apart need a dimmer or not ?