Winchester sx4, any reviews?

Looking at a Winchester sx4 hybrid hunter. 12ga. Why? because I "need" one. Anyone have one they can comment on or know someone that does?

2. Banned

3. Member

4. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=958192

Good Lord. That guy really hates that gun. I haven’t had the opportunity to shoot mine yet but I promise you it’s not as bad as he makes it out to be imo. I shouldered everything from the SBE3, A400, stoeger, Franchi, V3, Versamax, A5 and a few more. The SX4 shouldered just a hair better for me. I think that’s probably due to my short arms and that the SX4 without the shins in the stock has the shortest length of pull out of all of them. Go and shoulder them all that you’re interested in and even some that you aren’t. Then decide. Good luck.
    Last edited by RangerAce; 03-09-2019 at 10:09 PM.

5. Member
    I just happened to flip through an old DU issue from this winter and they reviewed the SX4 with much higher marks than the guy in the Youtube video. He didn't seem to be crazy about the looks but said it handles and functions great in the field (they also buy ads in the magazine). He made a point of saying that it doesn't kick bad when recoil was one of the YouTube guy's biggest gripes about the gun. To be fair though, the DU writer used a longer barrel which adds weight and the Youtube guy was comparing the SX4 to a heavier remington in the vid. Not exactly apples to apples